Yum! Live maggots in a McDonald's restaurant, caught on video

Originally published at: Yum! Live maggots in a McDonald's restaurant, caught on video | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’m going to hazard a guess that maggots are likely more nutritious than McDonald’s…

17 Likes

Soon enough, soon enough.

8 Likes

Huh, I didn’t know there is now a McDonald’s in the same building as the Tanz Dance Akademie.

5 Likes

One time in the morning there was this pile of maggots on our patio in the back. It was maybe 3"x1" or so pile - no idea why or how. Maybe there was a dead mouse under all of that nope? I dunno.

My mom asked me to get rid of it, so I used a fly swatter like a spatula and flipped it into the field behind our house.

Bleck.

1 Like

My history with maggots:
11 years old: Live maggots found in a Zagnut bar. Have avoided Zagnuts ever since.
23 years old: SoCal colleague introduced newbie-to-SoCal me to a Trader Joe’s blueberry muffin. Again with the maggots. Took me several years to bother with TJ again.

8 Likes

they might be “living dead maggots” hence being reanimated burger patties

4 Likes

Zombie maggots. They’re the worst.

5 Likes

Now we know how they make the special sauce.

3 Likes

fast food mcdonalds GIF by MANGOTEETH

9 Likes
6 Likes

I’m a little surprised they’d eat McDonald’s “food”

4 Likes

Pest control needs to take care of that shite “manager” who refused to close when first confronted with the problem!

Yeah, one would think even a maggot would hafta draw the line somewhere!

4 Likes

This.

Since they were noted coming from the ceiling, I assume that some critter crawled up there and died, only to rain McD’s patrons with a maggoty shower later.

I’ve found trapped rats a few days too late… They’re still mobile at that point, but not of their own accord.

10 Likes

I’m trying to remember how long it takes before they’d even be interested… :thinking:

5 Likes

Maybe McDonald’s is experimenting with Casu martzu cheeseburgers?

5 Likes

I just don’t have the words to thank you enough for that image.

5 Likes

While maggots are one of the few things that absolutely gives me the creeps they actually have a medical use for debridement of necrotic tissue. Here is the conclusion of the following article:

Conclusion: In spite of lacking clinical evidence, MDT clinical experience strongly suggests that this technique is effective and safe. It can be used for most types of problem wounds, but our indication is primarily diabetic foot ulcers, because of its selectivity for debriding necrotic dead tissue. It may be a valuable alternative surgical/sharp debridement.

6 Likes

They don’t. Or at least, not in this case. If they did, they’d be in the back, not falling out of the ceiling. (Unless they store food in the ceiling…)

Yes, something - or someone - definitely died up there.

As a young shaver, my grandfather, who had served during the first world war, told me some story about how soldiers with certain types of injuries in that war were referred to by the acronym “SIM.” “Swarming in Maggots.” I’ve always rather suspected he was pulling my leg, but they did use blowfly larvae to clean wounds in that conflict, so…

Wait - were we NOT supposed to know what they make the McRib from?

2 Likes