Have you texted your textdoor neighbor?

Yeah, I’ve been meaning to introduce myself to BongRipz419@gmail.com and BongRipz421@gmail.com. Be neighbourly, maybe bake them some brownies or something.

12 Likes

I started working at a cellular company in the early 90s. Everyone in my hire group got assigned sequential numbers. Occasionally we’d get calls (this was before texting took off in the US) for people a digit or two off. When the caller asked for the person they were trying to reach, I’d respond with something like “You dialed NPA-NXX5, Bob’s number is NPA-NXX6.” Sometimes the callers, not knowing how I knew this, were very surprised.

5 Likes

Maybe he’d be less disgruntled if people knew exactly what orking involves. Nobody gives those guys enough respect for what they have to go through. (Well, they get some bovine respect maybe, but a cow’s deference only goes so far.)

5 Likes

And two gamers who happen by chance
To have entered a string
That’s a mistaken thing
Which led marence a merry old dance

(Sorry but the cadence of that first few words led to disappointment when it did not pan out as it sounded.)

10 Likes

I have to call my VoIP number from my cell in order to talk to all the other Cary R’s in the world…

7 Likes

This happens to me all the time, except more out of Nigeria than India. Also I think I’ve half shared internet identities with that same email (and this TripleE moniker) with a pre-teen girl who must be well into highschoo for years now. I get lots of signups for kid sites plus legit things from a church camp. Also some guy in New Jersey.

I’ve had my Gmail for like 15 years now. I don’t get it.

5 Likes

The weirdest one I’ve ever had was this guy who was calling me from 1500 miles away expecting to talk to some girl he was chatting with online. Every time he called he got even more irate. One time he called while he was online chatting with this girl (I assume), and he asked her for her number while talking to me, and it was my number. He then asked for the town she (?) was supposedly in, and it was the same one I was in. This was a sparsely populated area code at the time, and each town had its own extension or couple of extensions, so whomever was on the other end of my computer was in my town or at least familiar with it. When pressed, the person on the other end of the computer said she (?) wasn’t really living there, just staying temporarily.

I never understood what was happening there. Was it a scam? On whom? If so, what was the point? Was the person on the other end telling the truth, and they just didn’t know their number because they were only staying there temporarily? If so, why give out a phone number you don’t know is yours?

6 Likes

I’ve done that before.

The other person was not pleased at all to hear from me.

2 Likes

If someone from Doggy Style called out of the blue about my appointment, I’m not sure what I’d do.

6 Likes

BongRipz419 sounds like he has a thousand kilos of marijuana stuck in a storage locker in Lagos, and will send you some if you wire him the cash he needs to get it out of holding…

5 Likes

Text them a link:

5 Likes

My surname was transmogrified at Ellis Island about 100 years ago. I can safely use initial and last name and have never, ever gotten anyone else’s stuff.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.