Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupts, watch live stream here

Originally published at: Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupts, watch live stream here | Boing Boing

1 Like

I should have figured it out when I started sneezing last night; it only took me 20 years to figure out my allergies were at least partly triggered by vog.

9 Likes

Volcano fog? :woman_shrugging:t3:

I never heard of that before.

2 Likes

Vog – it’s a thing.

5 Likes

Gotcha, thanks.
Stay safe!

4 Likes

After a couple minutes my poor lil chromebook still hadn’t finished loading all the ads, so here’s the video link

4 Likes

No worries; Madame Pele hasn’t visited Maui for centuries, although that’s manini in terms of volcano years.

2 Likes

You live on Maui? You lucky devil!

Surprisingly, Haleakalā may have erupted as recently as 1600 and there are about ten confirmed eruptions in the last thousand years, so it might be a good idea to keep a stock of gin and cigarettes on hand if Madame Pele decides to come visiting. It’s only good manners after all.

3 Likes

This webcam feed definitely needs bananas for scale. Just look at it!

3 Likes

At least two baked bananas wide, I’d say.

3 Likes

So slow news day in Hawaii? /s

I live in Kona and work above in Holualoa. Yesterday was most likely our last clear day for a while, as the vog has returned with a vengeance today. Madame Pele giveth and taketh away. Iʻm happy for the tourists, but miss my pristine AQI . Our PM2.5 readings may be less frightening than the East Coast right now, but our source could also outlast the burning of every tree in Canada. :mask:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.