Hawk attacks drone that gets too close

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/17/hawk-attacks-drone-that-gets-t.html

2 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot92FtoZps0

6 Likes

Beautiful plumage.

7 Likes

Hope the drone broke and never worked again.

9 Likes

Should have attacked the drone operator as well.

7 Likes

Gosh, I hope that majestic bird didn’t get hurt.

14 Likes

I’m guessing the hawk didn’t see it that way.

“I was just fucking with an apex predator and OMG it attacked me! Who could have guessed!”

You mess with the bull, you get the horns. Don’t poke the bear. Let sleeping dogs lie. There’s a reason we have so many sayings like this.

12 Likes

Turkey Vultures will attack drones, too. I was out by a pond near me and a guy was flying a drone. The birds went crazy.

Well, that bird certainly buzzard that drone.

(I’ll get my coat.)

1 Like

… and beautiful doomage for the drone.

1 Like

I was expecting the drone to be flying along, and the hawk diving in out of nowhere to take it out.

Instead, the drone pilot sees the bird sitting on a branch, minding its own business. Of couse the bird is going to attack, if this interloper keeps edging closer and closer to it.

For all the hawk knows, this is some form of predator that is threatening it directly, or using its hunting territory.

I hope the drone was damaged beyond repair, this was such a stupid thing to do.

10 Likes

Rise of the machines my ass… I’ll put millions of years of evolution bloody in tooth and claw up against human plastic & tin every time

1 Like

if that was Canada the migratory birds act would like a word…

3 Likes

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This is the kind of behaviour that ruins it for the rest of us. If I see a bird of prey nearby while I’m flying, I buzz off and land. It’s best to ascend if possible since large birds aren’t as fast at gaining height as drones are.

Do not bother the hawk.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.