Hayley Atwell shares the moment she improvised in Captain America: The First Avenger

You’re welcome :smile:

4 Likes

Derailment achieved?

2 Likes

Well thank goodness there’s SOMEONE willing to look out for cisgendered straight white male millionaires who have Adonis-like physiques.

12 Likes

The context is important too, actors are not known to always faithfully follow the script and surely the director sets expectations about improvisation and ad-libing on set.

Don’t. That’s just saying that men are victims of a double standard and using that as a stand in for your yet to be fleshed out argument that Hayley Atwell has done something inappropriate to Chris Evans.

8 Likes

That’s what I always say: Because of their historical power dynamic, it’s okay to feel up white women.

2 Likes

Do you deny that sexism exists? Otherwise, sexism is, by definition, a double standard. When society is inaccurate, everybody are the victims. The only solution is no bias - the same rules and standards for everyone.

As for whatever Chris Evans might have thought, you’d need to ask Chris Evans.

1 Like

I have no knowledge of an experiment, nor am aware of any risk involved. All I have seen is this gif.

Is this going to be one of those discussions where someone claims it’s racist that the NAACP is generally considered a historically respectable institution but we can’t have a National Association for the Advancement of White People?

4 Likes

Using an opposite bias never addresses the fundamental problem of an initial bias. But this is not to say that such a thing cannot have some beneficial effect upon the cultural symptoms.

Anyway, framing my comment as relating to a “one of those” sounds like you are trying to indirectly characterise my post somehow. I am more interested in how such things work functionally, rather than assuming rhetorical camps.

1 Like

I’ll complete the thought:
…while women benefit from it.

My point exactly.

Is touching somebody’s chest inappropriate? Sometimes.
Was it inappropriate this time?

I guess we agree!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t complain.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.