HBO Max killed off it's animated series, latina Batgirl movie, black created comedy shows & diversity programing efforts to make way for significantly more Chip & Joanna Gaines dribble (Daily Beast reporting)

I know there’s a soft paywall around the article (which could be defeated by opening into a incognito tab), but it’s worth the read about how HBO let go 13 non white executives and gutted a bunch of shows.

4 Likes

‘HBO Max’ is subpar enough that even though the app is free with my internet bundle, I have never even bothered to install the app data mining widget on any of my devices.

They can cancel whatever programming they like, I wasn’t giving them eyeballs or clicks anyway.

Jolly Roger, ahoy…

4 Likes

Warner Bros. Discovery is killing off diversity in an effort to court Middle America

Shocked Saturday Night Live GIF by IFC

4 Likes

Recessive genes (like blonde hair and blue eyes) are still recessive, and none of their histrionic fascism will change that fact; the world will continue to get less ‘White’ as time goes on.

4 Likes

I think Discovery is just a very ‘all’ audience, [they] don’t wanna make things that are political, topical, alienate Middle America—more Chip and Joanna,” they said, referring to the home renovation show Fixer Upper: Welcome Home hosted by Chip and Joanna Gaines.

gross elvira mistress of the dark GIF

4 Likes

If they paywall bothers you, the article recounts this instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Chpt8B1g-9j/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.