'HE WON' — Trump admits election loss to Biden on Twitter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/15/he-won-trump-admits-election-loss-to-biden-on-twitter.html

15 Likes

Naturally, this cabal of Democrats who stole the election for Biden didn’t bother to change the votes for key Senate or House races. That would have been too obvious. Also, they didn’t bother to do it in Florida because Florida is not a key state at all. Also North Carolina was…a failed attempt? I want to say, “How stupid does he think his supporters are?” But the real question is, “How stupid ARE his supporters?”

53 Likes

Great, now we can go back to worryng about the Brexit chaos that soon is upon us.

26 Likes

Honestly, by this point I just don’t care.

The evidence is overwhelming. He lost the vote. There was no fraud. He’s out.

But then I remember that this is the same man who can barely admit he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton, and who remains convinced his inauguration was better attended than Obama’s.

To paraphrase Upton Sinclair, “It is difficult to get a man to accept something when his ego (and ability to pay his creditors) depends upon his not accepting it.”

I just want this to be over now. I care less and less what he thinks with each passing minute, and the same can be said for his sycophantic idiotic “inner core” of followers.

I do care, however, that so many Americans have bought his bullshit. At some point they’re going to have to realise that they were conned. We have to show compassion at that point, because otherwise they’ll just lurch to something even more horrible…

36 Likes

The second sentence of his tweet is complete horse shit

27 Likes

My prior post was very much through a worldview tinged by Brexit.

Because the Conservative Party, some media commentators/celebrities and a few newspapers have misled many people in the UK. It looks like we’ll get the WTO Hard Brexit. Which they were told was preferable to a bad deal with Europe.

Unless the people that they convinced of that can be reminded of the promises that haven’t been delivered, there’s a good chance that they’ll double down into more hatred. We need to make sure that the blame lies with Farage, Gove, Johnson, Davis, Fox, Rees-Mogg and so forth.

Because they will try to blame a “bullying EU”, whilst hoping that the people don’t realise that bullying is the exploitation of weakness - if we’re being bullied, then Brexit has by definition failed.

They’ll hope that their hate can redirect the anger towards someone else. We have to hold their feet to the fire and make sure that the people accept that they were failed by the Quitlings, not by anyone else.

14 Likes

He said the words, but it’s clear that he has conceded nothing.

23 Likes

This is really yet another attempt to undermine confidence in American liberal democracy and to rally members of the country’s right-wing populist movements around a central theme. Anything to keep Putin’s pet oligarchs from calling in his loans.

25 Likes

He’s receded. That’s a good start.

1 Like

Yes, his hair is on the run, now if only the rest of him would follow…

21 Likes

Later this morning there will be another tweet claiming Biden did NOT win and that TRUMP won and the courts will restore the millions of votes that were switched. Because Donnie is nothing if not mercurial and as shifting as the winds. Just need to count the minutes until the next mood swing.

It’s likely that’ll be the closest thing we ever get for a concession, too. I don’t care. He lost, Biden will take office, and he can go blow smoke on his DumpTV.

28 Likes

It

Doesn’t

Matter

What

He

Says

27 Likes

54 Likes

Is the tweet still up or did later realize that he had accidentally conceded?

6 Likes

Trump probably tweeted that from a bathroom stall. Tweeted it nonetheless.

3 Likes

He actually tweeted later that “I concede nothing.” So, no, not over yet.

14 Likes

Always reminds me of:

21 Likes

Took him long enough.

They have been shown nothing but compassion for 4 years. They have been profiled in every major publication countless times agonizing over how their wittle fee-fees was hurt real bad by the scary black basketball man who took their coal and 44 oz slurpees away.

I’m not arguing against compassion, it is ultimately the only way to progress. However, it assumes that these people give a single fuck about compassion and concession and progress. We have never moved forward together, rather we have occasionally dragged our society forward in spite of the intransigence of ignorance and hatred.

We keep wondering how many other ways we can allow our hearts to bleed for these people while they laugh and celebrate watching us bleed out.

Edited for clarity.

46 Likes

“he didn’t even really campaign. He thought he was going to lose, you could see it.”

Sure sounds like Trump in 2016.

19 Likes