'HE WON' — Trump admits election loss to Biden on Twitter

He continues to make baseless claims the election was fraudulent. That’s the thing with these people on the right. They’re all hat and no cattle. Just a bunch of sore losers whining and complaining. If you’re going to make extraordinary claims, then you’ll need extraordinary evidence to PROVE THE POINT. Fortunately, in this rich-owned, topsy-turvy world, the truth still matters in the end. The onus is on him to prove, state by state, that the election was taken from him. He won’t be able to.

If somehow, the conspiracy crazed right manages to stage an actual coup, then they’ll have to answer to a majority that won’t stand for it. If, by some unbelievable stroke of luck, he manages to invalidate a few key states by pushing his cases to the supreme court, then he will still have to reckon with a gigantic majority who are against him.

It’s not looking good for him. The tax man and NY State are coming for him. He and his cult can whine and complain, rally and demonstrate all they want, but the truth is not on their side and the clock is ticking. Tick tock motherfucker.

34 Likes

This! For the first time in four years, we are not bombarded with every single ignorant, hateful thing he tweets. The only one I really saw get coverage of is his firing of Esper which is actual news.

The evil spell is broken and the witch has reverted to its decrepit form for lack of human mental sacrifice. The (very, very few) people you see rallying for him in the streets are simply his zombies; they died long ago.

24 Likes

Yup. I knew this would be the medium and method he’d use, because change and growth are not what he does.

17 Likes

Oh, many are over misguided compassion now. This year killed most offerings of forgiveness without atonement. They want these folks far removed from power, deprogrammed if possible, and monitored to prevent them from harming others if not.

27 Likes

Rather than come up with bullshit “the dog ate my homework” excuses about how Trump was cheated, conservatives should instead tell us exactly how a majority of the American public would have voted for him this time around. While he did keep some of his promises (tax cuts for the rich, cutting regulations, increasing military spending) he didn’t keep a LOT of others, including stuff the average Joe wants (bringing back manufacturing jobs, bringing back coal mining jobs, replacing Obamacare with something better, rebuilding infrastructure.) Mexico didn’t pay for the wall, in fact very little new wall was built, instead we locked up children in cages. This wasn’t invisible.

Trump was given a good economy and destroyed it by ignoring a looming pandemic. He didn’t instill much faith in his abilities. If you really want to piss off a conservative compare Trump to Jimmy Carter, a lousy economy and poor handing of an international crisis. Of course people will vote for a change of leadership.

17 Likes

That’s exactly it. Forgiveness is a two-way street. Otherwise it’s called “moving on”.

15 Likes

Don’t count on it. Very often, a grifter’s mark only doubles down on the delusion when the scam is exposed. At a certain point when dealing with such a person you have to write them off and stop trying to wake them up to reality. The election of 2020 is that point for Il Douche’s supporters, and really for any non-millionaire who’s voted GOP since 1980.

And yes, they’re going to lurch to something even more horrible. The GOP will continue to enable right-wing populists and bigots. Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley are waiting in the wings for 2024, to give two examples. Our job now is to use the extra four years granted to liberal democracy to make sure not that RWA followers’ minds are changed but to ensure that they’re outvoted.

27 Likes

a week? I could swear it has been a month or two by now.

9 Likes

That’s exactly my fear. There are “middle ground” folks, but we won’t reach them by lumping them in with either the grifters running the Republican show or the marks who always double down. We need to find a way to reach them and make sure that their voice is heard.

When I spoke about compassion, I only meant it for those that are able to recognise the grift. Not for those who double down continuously, or for those working the grift. They are far beyond our help now.

7 Likes

Considering Republicans’, and especially Trump’s persistent tic of blaming others for what they themselves are doing, one could almost surmise that they deployed open and covert shenanigans to tilt the election to Trump, yet it didn’t quite work, explaining why the election was so close, polls were so wrong, and why they seem so surprised.

But I’m no conspiracy theorist. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

14 Likes

The “middle ground” folks cast their votes for a manifestly unfit and openly racist president who spent four years trying to destroy the institutions of liberal democracy. Time to pull out the Julius Goat quote yet again:

No quarter for fascists or their enablers. And no compassion for suckers whose response to a con being exposed is to dig themselves deeper. If some people recognise the grift, they’ll be doing it on their own (probably the hard way). After decades of explaining it, liberals and progressives have had enough of doing their homework for them.

37 Likes

Pfft. I lost any compassion for these shit-heads decades ago, when they started voting over and over and over against their own interests while dumping on the left.

16 Likes

Word added in bold for clarity. In terms of their racism, they’ve been voting in their own interests that whole time. Which leaves even less room for compassion.

13 Likes

Me, too. I was thinking about those folks who excuse supremacist supporters, applaud hugging convicted killer cops in court, and offer the olive branch to people who call the cops to get innocent Black people locked up or killed.

19 Likes

No, there’s a group of folks that consistently shoot themselves in the foot on that one, too. There are conservative performers in the music industry, religious leaders, supporters of Blexit, etc. :woman_shrugging:t4:

12 Likes

Yes, but I think what we’re talking about here is the bulk of GOP voters rather than the small group of “chickens for Col. Sanders” Black voters.

10 Likes

HAS he admitted that?

Last I heard he was still claiming the Democrats allowed three million fraudulent votes to be cast against him in California. Because it makes total sense that the Democrats would carry out election fraud on a scale never before imagined just to widen Hillary’s margin of victory in a state she was expected to carry anyway rather than manipulate the comparatively small number of swing state votes that might have actually changed the outcome.

28 Likes
22 Likes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/15/trump-admits-biden-won-election-then-adds-i-concede-nothing.html

9 Likes