Headboard made from books

[Permalink]

For a bibliophibian, there’s not much worse in the world than a book you can’t keep reading.

(Of course a true bibliophibian would think ahead and have two copies of each book.)

And after all the trouble the government went to in placing stringent regulations on making mattresses fire-resistant!

Build
a wall
of books
between us in our bed.

What happens when the books on each side of the bed start to develop nice greasy spots from heads leaning back while reading in bed?

I’d like to see the same thing but with the pages animated somehow, rather than immobilized. Maybe small fans blowing in alternating directions or something like that.

[furniture] made from [repurposed objects] = kitsch. Just because your style is minimal/modernist, it doesn’t mean you have good taste

I commend the owner for being creative. Nonetheless, good luck to all rats.

I’m an atheist from a moderately catholic European country, but seeing pictures like this helps me understand the mobs who attacked Danish embassies in the Middle East in early 2006, just because a Danish newspaper published slightly disrespectful images of the Prophet.

HOW COULD YOU??? HOW CAN YOU CONDONE PEOPLE DOING THINGS LIKE THAT TO BOOKS, YOU BLASPHEMERS!!!

Creative. Ugly.

My wife accomplished something like this by just stacking up books at the head of the bed. When they encroach on my side, I stack them higher on her side. Surprisingly the cats haven’t murdered us with this yet, but it’s only a few feet high and mostly paperbacks.

How do change the sheets? I’ll keep you posted if that ever happens again.

Taste!

…either :wink:

I mean no offense, it just seems like what you said is a truism. Other people have… other tastes. Whatever their style, it doesn’t mean… anything. It’s style. Style doesn’t mean anything… objectively.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.