Heartbreaking visit to a delusional Qanon family

The way the kids talk… rapid and hitting talking points… that isn’t how children normally talk… there’s no self-thought involved, simply parroting their parent’s BS.

Totally unprepared for the reality of truth outside. If they run their own pool cleaning or landscaping business the maybe they could manage… but in a diverse workplace with social contacts… ohhh boy.

14 Likes

Ha! That lead nun looks almost exactly like Sister Margaret Mary, who was the principle of St Patrick’s grade school that I attended. She always carried a stick somewhere within her Sisters of St. Joseph habit, most often used on the outstretched hands of unruly boys to add some dread and pain to their daily existence. Ah, the innocence of childhood!

12 Likes

TribeBlackSpiralDancers

5 Likes

Holy cow! My school was also called St. Patrick’s and had Sisters of St. Joseph! These had their mother ship in Philly. We had Mother Mary Aubert.

9 Likes

How 'bout that? Mine was in Kansas City. Did you also move on to an all-boys Jesuit High School and get taught by men in dresses, speaking of people in drag?

10 Likes

As I wrote in another thread, some well-known examples suggest it’s very possible.

And as @Mindysan33 added, there’s Derek Black…

27 Likes

I went to a diocesan school - Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It was coed.

7 Likes

So much that last part. Even if those parents fully believe all that crap, which they seem to, why would you tell your little kids that world leaders are pedophiles and McDonalds’ food is ground up children?!? What a dark world to grow up in. :cry:

Dude, they’re little kids. Can we please not write off their entire lives yet? If I see a 10-year old working, no matter what their role, I won’t expect them to be very socially adept. :roll_eyes:

21 Likes

mike yard no shit GIF by The Nightly Show

Pretty much few children have full articulated political world views, and often just go with their parents views, at that young an age…

21 Likes

More like this movie:

17 Likes

Ya got trouble folks, right here at Chipotle.
Trouble with a capitol “T,”
and that rhymes with “B,”
and that stands for Boy Lover!

Music-Man-Trouble

21 Likes

Where are the Know-Nothings? The American Bund? The Birchers?
The fate of all of these groups is irrelevance, disappearance, and being erased from the historical record not because of bad intent but simply because nobody cares about them.
The modern world is very dislocating; in some cities, you can’t use buildings as landmarks because they might not be there at the end of the day. Almost everything you believe is wrong, and it’s damned humiliating.
These people are the ultimate losers in modernism’s game of life.

4 Likes

@llamaspit and @Malarkey, you are both bad people and will be punished by the God of Infinite Love and Understanding by HIS duly appointed instrument of retribution!

Go now, and sin no more.

At Blessed Humphrey Middlemore Voluntary Roman Catholic Comprehensive School, we had a Sister Bullock, and a Sister Mary Haggert (also known as Hairy Maggot).

:smile::smile::smile:

27 Likes

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

11 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF

11 Likes

She may not be fathered by Donald, but even the Trump family has Mary Trump, who is openly gay, supported Clinton during the 2016 election, and is vocally critical of the Trumps’ dealings. She seems to be the one person in that clan who turned out a rational, decent human being.

18 Likes

Um… no. There is plenty of historical research into these groups, because they shaped the political landscape at one point or another. I’d further argue that “erasing” them from the historical record poses a danger, as we need to know what they did, why they did it, and how they shaped their eras.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Pop Tv What GIF by Schitt's Creek

Do you mean postmodernism? Because that’s the one that is about moral relativism that the far right has weaponized…

19 Likes

I never could wrap my head around how the “man-made virus!” part connects with the anti-masker part. Anti-vaccination, sure. But if these folks genuinely believe the government is spreading airborne bio-weapons then shouldn’t they be the most adamant supporters of wearing face masks?

21 Likes

Of course not! You have to catch the virus in order to prevent it! /s

15 Likes

I think that they see the face mask mandates as some kind of Satanic paedophile plot, with the “man-made” virus as a mere means to that end. That’s the closest I can get to any coherent narrative here.

11 Likes