Heavy denim "Starfleet" jackets

Somewhat disappointed. Clicked through, looking for this:

Seriously though, those, and their Hackers, are nice looking jackets.

10 Likes

Should I try the veal? or is this joke too out on the fringe of acceptability?

4 Likes

what, no velour?

2 Likes

It’s also basically made to order. Not mass producing brings up the cost.

1 Like

5 Likes

Ever buy a sports jacket or a coat or a Star Trek TNG replica uniform?

How about a sports jacket and a coat and a Star Trek TNG replica uniform?

Please BUY this. Then take a picture. So we can all see what they actually look like (as opposed to the computer graphics simulation of the hoodie).

6 Likes
1 Like

Or just go nuts.

7 Likes

Who is going to take one for the team and be the redshirt on the away mission?

4 Likes

Know your shows. Red is for command and helm.

5 Likes

Call me a traditionalist…

In TNG, was it the yellows that got knocked off? If so, just substitute colors.

3 Likes

But wasn’t the whole point about startrek uniforms that they were stretchy and comfy. Only attractive if you are an Adonis, but still. Give me the startrek onsie. I need if for the next ttitd! Please all powerful internets! We ask, and you provide!

1 Like

I recently started watching Star Trek: TNG on Netflix… I could never get into it in the 90s since there’s so much backstory, kind of like the X-Files.

And much like the X-Files, I’m sad I didn’t get involved in the fandom sooner.

3 Likes

Words cannot express both how much I want one of these (well, three, obviously), and how sad I am that I cannot even hope to justify the cost of even one. now I’m even sadder that I never grabbed one of Thinkgeek’s TNG-style hoodies (the old ones, not the redesign they sell now) when they had them.

5 Likes

First, your post prompted me to remind myself “want what I need, don’t need what I want.” Then I thought…no, I need this too. Then I realized I had purchased or been given one of the old-style ThinkGeek yellow command hoodies you mentioned, a long time ago, and I never wear it. So I went scrounging for it so I could offer it to you, but no luck. I think I donated it when I moved several months ago…so sorry for that. If it helps to know, the material it was made from was super cheap and rather uncomfortable to wear in any temperature. That’s a big part of why I never wore it. It was made to look good in a picture so it would sell well and function as a costume, but not to be a comfortable or practical garment for regular use, IMO.

So with all that in mind, I have come full circle. I will longingly appreciate these denim jackets, but will not seek to acquire one, as I could easily end up disappointed with the fit or quality, and probably never wear it.

4 Likes

Hm. There wasn’t really a plot arc running throughout the series. When convenient, the characters would remember prior events, especially from epic episodes, but sometimes they’d just hit the reality reset button. In the final seasons there was more continuity, especially with Worf son of Moog, the Klingon civil war.

The first season ending with mind controlling bugs with foreshadowing to events that … never happened. (“You want to invade the Federation? Take a number! Next serving , Borg,”)

Babylon 5 had a plot arc over the whole series, with little details dropped that would make sense much later. (Like that with all the twists in the pilot episode, it turned out that was really just a Vorlon faction fight between Kosh and Ulkesh and whatever they represented, to seize control of future events.)

2 Likes

I’d like one of those tan crew-necked shirts from the original Star Trek. Unfortunately I’d look less like Captain Kirk and more like Harcourt Fenton (Harry) Mudd.

4 Likes

I think Captain Kirk looks more like Harry Mudd these days.

4 Likes

I always smile when remembering the reveal in Babylon 5 about how John Sheridan got his Captaincy and his title, “Starkiller” :smiley: Using a distress signal to lure an enemy ship in to a minefield is top Human Cunning.

I think that was sort of the point, that it wasn’t so much cunning but a willingness to not play fair.

Me, I am waiting for the maroon Wrath of Kahn jacket, with the white closure strap. That would make a nice leather jacket, if you ask me.

4 Likes