Heavy denim "Starfleet" jackets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/20/cosplay-adjacent-2.html

11 Likes

$315. Uh-huh.

14 Likes

Do I have to tug it down every time I stand up? I mean, I need authenticity. :slight_smile:

52 Likes

#teamravenclaw

Oi, wrong jacket…

11 Likes

They seem a bit longer than the originals, so probably no need for the Picard maneuver.

18 Likes

Authenticity is ruined by the presence of pockets

4 Likes

How about the Riker Maneuver? That calls for trousers with a spacious gusset and some stretch.

This video always amazes me because I didn’t spot it when watching the series on telly. Poor Jonathan Frakes and his bad back.

26 Likes

Hand made in the USA doesn’t come cheap.

13 Likes

I have one of the “Hacker” jackets and I love it. It’s roomy enough to put a layer under, but still looks great without. A fantastic, stylish, fall jacket for New England. Really well made, too. I’ve been very pleased.

6 Likes

So… ST:NG didn’t copyright those designs? I see there is no insignia, but those patterns seem like they may infringe if ya know what I mean.

I had to stop myself from ordering the Apollo 11 Armstrong spacesuit hoodie… and walking around like it is 1/6g, don’t want the kids to see that no siree!

7 Likes

They say in the listing that these are officially licensed. You can add a com badge to your order.

10 Likes

Are they reversable in case you are in the Mirror Mirror universe?

8 Likes

Clothing designs are generally not copyrightable. Logos can be trademarks, but other aspects of clothing design usually get no protection.

4 Likes

The goatee and knife sash are extra.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’ll be there as these are a sign of the darkest timeline.

2 Likes

13 Likes

“Make it sew, Number One!”

23 Likes

The Klingons in their targ-hide leather jackets sneer at those weak hoomans!

6 Likes

Ah yes. The terribly designed uniforms, no wonder they got rid of that version. Have to wonder how they thought filming a whole season in those things would work.

3 Likes

You could add a fringe, but that would be custom.

6 Likes