If everyone on Star Trek: TNG wore the same uniform as Counselor Troi

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/26/if-everyone-on-star-trek-tng.html

20 Likes

Make it so.

50 Likes

Did any other main character have as many hair and outfit changes as Counselor Troi? It was a relief to see her finally wind up in a standard uniform, and the only redeeming part of Captain Jellico’s command of the Enterprise-D.

21 Likes

Completely unrealistic. There needs to be more chest hair.

30 Likes

And indeed Star Trek: The Old Series did the same in reverse, in its early episodes
before (I believe I have read but have trouble confirming online) the actresses objected.

12 Likes

Picard totally pulls off that look. No surprise.

33 Likes

As I recall there was a story point about how as the counselor (which was a unique position in the annals of Starfleet ships), she wore more casual attire to allow crew members to be more comfortable talking to her.

I could be miss-remembering that.

8 Likes

During season one, I could imagine a poor crew member’s entire session taken up by staring at her hair, and then warning about hairdressers who offer to “Hook you up.”

13 Likes

Casual indeed…

TroyDressGreeting

37 Likes

#speechless

19 Likes

Ogling women or checking out cleavage is not good form. I don’t do it even when I’m really tempted. However, I have often thought (to myself) that if I wore a shirt with a v-neck cut to my solar plexus, people would be mesmerized and ill-equipped to not ogle my beefy chest. I think this proves my point.

(That said, people can wear whatever they want and should not be harassed.)

2 Likes

Remember that time they visited the planet ruled by women where men were treated like sex objects and Riker wore this?

54 Likes

Is that a codpiece?

Dropping this here: https://scrolldowntoriker.com/

9 Likes

A guy who can pull off wearing a shiny silver speedo would have no problem at all.

13 Likes

Well…let’s remember she’s wearing that for her Imzadi. :wink:

@Brainspore

that might be too much stern-bush.
lassie

4 Likes

Hol’ up…you think people watching Troi on TNG and seeing her in said outfit is “harrassment”? Just trying to clarify this here.

3 Likes

Stupid, sexy Riker.

14 Likes

I mean, there is a record of this sort of thing in ST. . .

11 Likes

I swear sometimes I think Nichelle Nichols had more of an impact on my subconscious than I ever realized.

19 Likes

clownsweaterforeverybody

48 Likes