Heinz has gone bloody mad with their ketchup this Halloween

Originally published at: Heinz has gone bloody mad with their ketchup this Halloween | Boing Boing

3 Likes

To be fair, fake blood is likely the best use for ketchup.

4 Likes

I like mustard, the spicier the better.

3 Likes

Ketchup is more like soupy tomato hamburger rather than blood. I used to work in the tomato harvesting industry in California’s central valley, and the ketchup is what’s derived from all the stuff that’s not needed for other things. I only once toured a cannery (where all the fresh-from-the-field tomatoes directly go), but all the guys working there were saying that if you know what goes into ketchup, you’d never eat it again.

3 Likes

For stage blood the prop manager mixed chocolate milk and red food coloring. It looked fairly realistic. If you need it thicker and glistening, add Karo syrup.

2 Likes

This is great. I just bought a container for $2.99 out the door.

1 Like

I feel doubly uninformed now. When something accidentally comes in from the field they get tomato skin rubbed on it and soup it up with vinegar?

3 Likes

I think ketchup is a little more… burninating… than fake blood. Back in high school, one of my friends used ketchup for fake blood in a zombie movie he was trying to make and after a few hours, his skin was rather irritated.

1 Like

how do you get a ketch… into the ketchup bottle…

free aero if ucan

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.