Heist at Roscoe's: "Put all the chicken in a bag!"

Originally published at: Heist at Roscoe's: "Put all the chicken in a bag!" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

At least the lack of a mask will also help in identifying the suspect.

12 Likes

APB on a “Leeroy Jenkins”.

16 Likes

So let me make sure I understand:

• He wouldn’t wear a mask
  • Because he was kicked out for not wearing a mask, he decided to go get a gun
    • which he had easily to hand, of course
  • He robbed them of their chicken and waffles
  • The story ends with the phrase: “before he walked out the door he took syrup for his chicken.”
    • He took syrup. For his chicken. I would venture a bet we’re not talking maple syrup, either, but corn syrup

Did a bald eagle fly over at the moment he exited? Because this may be the single most American thing that I have ever heard.

20 Likes

You’re welcome.

giphy

16 Likes

I think the term is “flew the coop.”

17 Likes

I could really go for some fried chicken right about now…

10 Likes

So, DID he wear a mask when he came back in?
Stupid is as stupid does.

3 Likes

7 Likes
4 Likes

I can’t imagine what sort of circumstances would lead to the conclusion that this was a good idea that they wouldn’t regret. If you’re the sort of person willing to risk going to prison for a bag of chicken, how do you make it far enough in life to even get the chance to commit your dumb crime?

4 Likes
7 Likes
  1. Obama’s Special.
4 Likes

I do loves me some Lolo’s Chicken and Waffles, south Phoenix. comes with collard greens and grits!
and gravy! (or syrup, if you must)

2 Likes

… and made the sound of a red tailed hawk
You Know That Call of the Bald Eagle You Hear on TV? That’s Not a Bald Eagle

9 Likes

As long as it has some syrup

4 Likes

If it doesn’t we can grab some on the way out.

4 Likes

I’ve heard of people robbing bank while whacked on Scooby snacks, but not robbing places for snacks.

2 Likes

That’s the whole thing with chicken and waffles- some syrup gets on the chicken and it’s accidentally amazing. As a Canadian who used to live in LA and went to Roscoe’s plenty of times, don’t knock it ‘till you’ve tried it.

It’s not “American” in the sense you’re thinking of (like Pizza Hut finding a new place to put cheese or whatever). This is Southern food, and specifically black Southern food. It’s outstanding.

2 Likes

I have no idea…

But what KIND of syrup?! Don’t leave us hanging!!

2 Likes