Helicopter cops in Brazil blow sand at beachgoers to make them go home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/24/helicopter-cops-in-brazil-blow.html

4 Likes

I would have thought the machine guns were sufficient to get their point across.

12 Likes

Send in the Butcher of Bakersfield.

5 Likes

They’re eating sand’wiches now.

13 Likes
6 Likes

Christ, what an asshole!

3 Likes

That beach looks pretty empty to be enforcing social distancing.

20 Likes

You joke, but there is footage of Brazilian cops shooting at cars out of helicopters…

6 Likes

Helicopter perhaps ordered in by someone who doesn’t want anyone on “his” beach?

4 Likes

judging by several videos in r/publicfreakout the Brazilian cops aren’t nice people.

4 Likes

Seems a bit cavalier. Most helicopter turbines don’t like sand very much.

10 Likes

Yeah the folks there seem to be doing a fine job of avoiding close contact with people from outside their household already.

6 Likes

Sorry, did someone mention sandstorm?

7 Likes

Bolsonaro probably doesn’t want the beaches to be cleared. He’s going for Trumpist denial and Putinist alpha male posturing.

5 Likes

As an added bonus, the sand is restoring the dunes.

Wait, so now crowds of 2 or less people are prohibited?

1 Like

I bet that guy’s wishing he didn’t leave his bazooka at home.

2 Likes

This. When I saw the headline I thought it was an awesome idea but having watched the video, WTF?

I’m actually wondering whether this was just something that happened years ago for a prank but now it’s being claimed as a reaction to Coronavirus. I mean, the video is from Mail Online. It’s not like they would ever publish something that was complete bullshit.

3 Likes

No. The beaches in several cities in Brazil were closed.

3 Likes