"Helicopter Glamping" resort set to open in 2024

Originally published at: "Helicopter Glamping" resort set to open in 2024 | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This didn’t fly in the 1970ies (with real helicopters) and I very much doubt that it will take off now.

Edit: clarification.

10 Likes

So these helicopters don’t actually move though, it sounds like? They’re just decommissioned boxes, essentially?

Regardless, apparently they can afford helicopters, but not a copy editor.

Fucking hell, that prose is a hot mess. That’s barely intelligible. If you’re gonna create such a high end experience that I’m sure will not be cheap, maybe work on presenting it well?

11 Likes

Anyone that uses the word “glamping” in their marketing material needs to be left alone in the desert to be eaten by the wildlife, no exceptions.

7 Likes

Why wait?
https://helicopterglamping.co.uk

1 Like

Chinook or gtfo.

5 Likes

Doesn’t this sound like one of those names that rich yuppies give their kids?

“To Mr. and Mrs. Glamping, a daughter, Helicopter.”

6 Likes

FFS, it’s a static caravan, whatever the outer shell was originally used for.

2 Likes

It’s like an experience where someone can be a cargo cult billionaire for a few nights: the outward forms without the actual substance.

6 Likes

Judging by the images they can’t even afford helicopters and have just typed ‘helicopter camping pod’ into an AI image generator

7 Likes

Why are these setups always more beneficial to voyeurs than for the campers? Give me a private space with a nice porch if I want to see the sunrise/sunset.

4 Likes

Exactly. This looks to me like someone typed some prompts into Midjourney, animated them with Runway, and then threw them up on a website and Instagram. There are a ridiculous number of AI artifacts in all of these images. This isn’t a serious project – it’s someone who was bored and took an edible on a quiet Saturday.

2 Likes

Helicopters suck for being inside in hot or cold environments. A friend used to work as a flight engineer in the Arctic and everyone would bail out as soon as the engines were shut down because “it felt colder sitting inside instead of standing outside in the winter weather”.

3 Likes

That was my take as well. And what’s more, the (likely AI-generated) rendering doesn’t show any kind of bathroom. Hard to consider any accommodations to be “luxury” if you have to go outdoors in the middle of the night to pee.

3 Likes

Or hold on till morning – not so much glamping as clamping.

2 Likes

Surely there’s a spare hose clamp somewhere in that chassis.

1 Like

Some of the images on that site don’t even seem to include any way in or out of the sleeping area. Or privacy curtains. Or an understanding of what an actual helicopter looks like.

And what’s going on in the little patio area under the desert-themed one? Are you supposed to duck under the low overhang to sit in one of those chairs and then light a fire in the fire pit sitting directly under the bedroom?

4 Likes

For a genuine helicopter experience!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.