The "HeliHome" is #vanlife done right

Originally published at: The "HeliHome" is #vanlife done right | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’ve always dreamed of something similar but more zeppelin/blimp based. You could stay aloft for days at a time with out needing ridiculous amounts of fuel. The top side could be sheathed in solar panels. I like think you’d be safe from the zombies in the clouds.

15 Likes

9 Likes

Still gotta be wary of the Cloud Men, though.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Got three minutes in before I couldn’t stand the obnoxious mouse-clicking sound effect any longer. It’s like someone continually snapping their fingers or popping gum. Too bad, seems interesting.

2 Likes

also Hawkmen:

5 Likes

Played it at 1.75 speed, and didn’t notice a thing! :wink:

2 Likes

That absolutely worked, great idea!

1 Like

#vanlife is fossil fuel life.

2 Likes

The freedom to go wherever you want, eh?

4 Likes

3 Likes

Each generation has its own ideas about homes on the move.

9 Likes

Would have gone with the S-64, myself; a ‘cargo pod’ could have been converted into a portable living-unit. I think I read about someone referencing a camping vacation using this technique to ‘get away from it all’ in one of William Gibson’s early short-stories…

… easy to keep clean in the wilderness :thinking:

3 Likes

Fairey Rotodyne - for that New Frontier vibe and the boxy fuselage.

Remember, it’s not just a habitat for you, but for all the insects and bacteria that you want to support!

4 Likes

I’d never get a pilots license after my eye injury. Way expensive & a small niche market anyway.

This would do just fine.

If you thought that fueling a Winnebago was expensive, this puppy will come as shock. 185 gallons of 100 LL AVGAS at ~$7.00/gallon will set you back more than $1200.

Do you have any idea how much mustache wax a zeppelin captain in good standing goes through? Never mind monocle replacements when the sky pirates get fighty.

2 Likes