Plane passenger snaps photo of giant humanoid walking on cloud

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Was he flying in a giant peach?

12 Likes

Hey, wanna see something really scary?

35 Likes

This isn’t a Fata Morgana. Go back to the Daily Mail article and look again - that bit at the end where they talk about that, they’re talking about another effect seen in China. This is some kind of cloud - you can tell because it is casting a shadow. I hate to say “go back to the Daily Mail to check your facts” because it is like saying “go back to the sewage pool to wash your hands” but in this case you’ve just slightly misread what they wrote.

30 Likes

Jesus Christ! Warn people before you Shatner!

14 Likes

It’s gotta be real, because what are the chances a cloud would look like something other than a cloud. . . except maybe for that one over there that looks like a horsie.

20 Likes

Giant? Up in the clouds? Did anyone see a goose?

9 Likes

suuuuupermannn :cry:

3 Likes

16 Likes

That is even more astonishing than a cloud simulacra… a Peanuts cartoon that made me chortle.

8 Likes

(thank you Charles Schulz for showing me the correct spelling of “horsie.”)

6 Likes

edit the wiki…

9 Likes

♫ There are giants in the sky!
There are big tall terrible giants in the sky! ♫

6 Likes

Oh, YES! Praise Jeebus and all his mighty shadow casting power!! First Actual Photo of Jeebus in all His glory! Thank you, Boing Boing! I’m gonna keep this page open and nail this laptop to the wall!

2 Likes

The China one wasn’t a Fata Morgana either – lazy reporting.

There was a good YouTube video on the “Captain Disillusion” channel about it.

4 Likes

Steam from a couple of factory smokestacks on a humid windless day?

4 Likes

Stone the heretic!

11 Likes

Cloud Giant by N. C. Wyeth

21 Likes

Horsie = diminutive noun

Horsey = unflattering adjective

9 Likes

As @doop alluded, it’s pretty clear to me as a frequent flyer that it’s smokestacks (or steam from nuke cooling towers) sending output over low clouds, with the corresponding shadow. Nothing to see here.

1 Like