Plane passenger snaps photo of giant humanoid walking on cloud

“If you walked outside and saw a person who was six feet tall, and then
someone who was six thousand feet tall, you would notice,” says team
member Todd Thompson of Ohio State University. *

This is just a roughly humanoid bit of cloud sticking up out of an otherwise flat patch of cloud. Most most definitely not a fata morgana. Fata morgana is a very specific form of optical illusion that occurs on the horizon due to the atmosphere bending light in a particular way.

2 Likes

only yet another homage ~ ( rod sterling went to antioch , but he did not seem to have written this episode ) ~ http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbj2z6yuqa1qdoghio1_500.png
also , clearly an only quasi symmetrical fractal-ish hole in the clouds

2 Likes

[quote=“euansmith, post:10, topic:72230, full:true”]
That is even more astonishing than a cloud simulacra… a Peanuts cartoon that made me chortle.
[/quote]The older they are, the more likely they will.

5 Likes

Maybe they discovered Laputa?

Or maybe it’s the farmer who owns this six legged pig:

10 Likes

You can’t fool me! I know an Air Elemental when I see one…

5 Likes

Yeh, I thought of the ‘Iron Giant’ immediately as well… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Power plant with twin condensing towers? But I have to say it looks really cool.

2 Likes

Ah, the Cameron Plant.

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be an Ice Paraelemental?

1 Like

I’m hoping that a Mail link on BB is also just a mirage of some kind. Debating the validity of an article on there is utterly futile.

Obviously the photographer doesn’t watch Adventure Time.

everytime I see vertical cloud or some industrial site far away I think of ‘the quite earth’

1 Like

OMG the first sighting of the Nuberu, OMG OMG

Does this really look like debate?

Why is there always such a rush to drag reality into a perfectly good illusion? If this was about politics or religion people wouldn’t give a damn about reality. Let someone spot a giant n the clouds and every dog and his brother whips out a can of debunk!

2 Likes

Shadow people in 3 - 2 - 1 …

I just assumed that some mage epically flubbed their Paradox roll and summoned something from the Abyss…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.