'Hello(?)!' Trump solicits Kim Jong-Un over Twitter at G20

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/28/hello-is-it-me-youre-loo.html

Call me maybe

3 Likes

Today in Craigslist ā€˜Missed Connectionsā€™ ā€¦

24 Likes

queue the delusional right wing who will rationalize every incompetent lurch by trump into a genius move of foreign relations.

15 Likes

Maybe QAnon?

4 Likes

Wtf why is he allowed to roam around g20? Why is he even invited? Heā€™s working so hard to make america irrelevant as a global power.

10 Likes

While heā€™s not entirely wrong, heā€™s also ignoring the fact that the border is separating two countries that are literally at war.

8 Likes

I am sure Kim Jong was laughing himself silly!

Now he is thinking: ā€œWhere can I go for vacation?ā€

2 Likes

asl???

(yes, Iā€™m old)

4 Likes

As a millenial, I completely understand that reference. I hope Iā€™m not old. But I fear itā€™s happening whether I like it or not.

9 Likes

Incidentally, 45ā€™s tweets make a lot more sense if you add LEL or olololooloooolll to the end of them. Try it!

4 Likes

Tearoom Trade.

1 Like

You donā€™t bring meā€¦flowersā€¦anymore.

6 Likes

Comic relief?

1 Like

Barbra Streisand? Isnā€™t there a better reference poignantly calling out to youā€¦?

3 Likes

Meh, I was a 70s kid.

Send In The Clowns is much better, but not quite on point. :wink:

Subtext: This is a story of unrequited love between Kim and Trump.

7 Likes

That loud noise you heard was the sound of thousands of intelligence officers at the CIA/NSA/etc banging their heads on the desk when Trump said he ā€œdidnā€™t knowā€ where Kim Jong-un was.

Thereā€™s hundreds of thousands of people and trillions of dollars of infrastructure dedicated to answer questions just like that. All heā€™d have to do is ask.

(Plus, all heā€™d have to do is ask me. When paranoid Kim travels, he only goes by his Bond-villain armored train and its always publicized when he does so. If he was out of the country, even I would know it.)

2 Likes

DTF[ascism]?!??

7 Likes

But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns
Donā€™t bother theyā€™re here

Yeah, I grew up in the 70s and 80s as well, and my parents loved musicals.

1 Like

And the Twitter diplomacy becomes a PR coup as news outlets see who can suck their own dick the hardest.

2 Likes