Donald Trump gets all mushy over dictator Kim Jong Un, only to get a cold-shoulder response

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/24/donald-trump-gets-all-mushy-over-dictator-kim-jong-un-only-to-get-a-cold-shoulder-response.html

10 Likes

Season 5 What GIF by Sony Pictures Television

9 Likes

“Our adversaries want me to be president” is not the winning argument he thinks it is.

27 Likes

Once again, if the Democrats actually did all the things the GOP tries to scare people with, it would be great! And also, if the GOP were to actually be as chummy with dictators as they’d like, it would be extra disqualifying. What literal patriotic US citizen listens to this garbage and thinks, “That Kim Jong-Il sure is a good judge of character, so if he likes Trump, well then so do I”?

5 Likes

The phrase “useful idiot” comes to mind.

(I would not want to be his (lawyer/advisor/counsel/assistant) and to be tasked trying to explain to Trump what that means. )

4 Likes

It’s been pretty widely reported that yesterday they actually replied nah, we’re not into him.

2 Likes

Kim knows a loser when he sees one. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

“well, Donald, it means they believe that you are a simp, a stupid fuck, that they can play for all they can get from you and more. it means they believe you to be a fool.
is there anything else i can explain to you, sssir?

3 Likes

That was already mentioned.

4 Likes

Sorry, Donny even though I am flush with cash from arm sales to Russia, I am not lending you anything.
-Kim Jong Un

5 Likes

45 is as clueless as White Goodman, just way older & unfit:

7 Likes

I like this bit:

“And, accordingly, we do not care about this.”

4 Likes

Trump has a sad because Nixon got credit for talking to China and Carter got credit for the Begin Arafat talks, and Reagan had the talks with Gorbachev, but when Trump talked to Putin he got made fun of for believing Putin over the rest of the world. So he felt North Korea was his chance to be a Statesman.

7 Likes

They believe trump is going to solve whatever it is they are afraid of. He isn’t just a politician to these people, they worship him. He could smell his own farts on stage and it would be the best night of their lives. It’s irrational and can’t be evaluated as typical behavior.

6 Likes

How does one say, “Shit for brains” in North Korean?

4 Likes

Make sure you were paid upfront then break the news to him.

His current stooge (and proud of it) advisers, et al, will tell him whatever he wishes to hear… just as long as they get something out of it.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Admittedly off-topic, but I note he is still wearing the giant bandage.

Can we open a book on when that will stop?
I’d take ‘until the day after the election in November’ at any odds offered.

The risk that it comes off before then and he is roundly mocked for the teeniest little nick, is too much to risk. His narcissism is such that if it were a huge wound, he’d have released pics already.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.