Trump fawns over "smart" dictators, then forgets who Kim Jong Un is (video)

Originally published at: Trump forgets who Kim Jong Un is

5 Likes

plus, while managing this time to reference Viktor Orban as leader of Hungary, not Turkey, he places Hungary as bordering Russia.

7 Likes

“Vladimir Putin, Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, Tamin Al Thani, Idriss Deby, Viktor Orban, man, woman, camera, television…”

10 Likes

How about “they are BAD people?”

10 Likes

Hungary does border Ukraine. So by Putin’s way of thinking …

9 Likes

“The press hates it when I say they’re smart. Well what am I supposed to say? They’re stupid people?”

He can’t say they’re authoritarian thugs or that Lil Kim is an incompetent nepo-baby because that might relect badly on himself.

8 Likes

Well they have no problem calling him, a wannabe dictator, stupid.

5 Likes

Kim Jong Un is a nepo baby but hardly an incompetent one. He’s succeeding at a dictator’s most important task – staying in power – and his missile program is progressing rapidly.

2 Likes

It Trump really wants to know what the “rules” are when talking about dictators there’s a nice simple rule of thumb - “If you don’t have anything mean to say, don’t say anything at all.”

3 Likes

I don’t mind coming up with fun nicknames for dictators, but how about we don’t use one that’s also the name of another living person who isn’t an authoritarian dictator. Lil Kim might not be a great person, I don’t know, but I don’t think she deserves to have her name used for Kim Jong Un.

3 Likes

1 Like

With Trump, you never know if he (yet again) mixed up some of his favorite dictators (i.e. in this case, the leaders of China and North Korea), or if he thinks North Korea has 1.4 billion people (because he’s generally ignorant of… facts).

Yep, and more than that, he confuses being ruthless with being “smart.” He frequently makes it clear that he thinks their ability to stay in power (by, say, murdering the opposition) is proof that they’re “smart.” (Which is also telling - and disturbing - given how Trump wants to believe he’s smart…)

3 Likes

Trump said that about the Tiananmen Square massacre in a 1990 interview. He’s spent more than thirty years admiring Chinese leaders for their swift, decisive ruthlessness.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.