Help! Fashion advice!

My husband and I both prefer #3. I think I voted in the second poll? Not sure. Good luck with your date and take good care of your goat! :wink:

3 Likes

I think Iā€™m gonna save #3 for date #2 (of there is one). Iā€™ve only texted with her, so I donā€™t think I should come off too strong.

And o ditched the jeans for incredibly comfy charcoal slacks.

24 Likes

Not. At. All. I want to live to the ripe old age of Get Off My Lawn.

8 Likes

Well, #1 was our second choice so that sounds like a very logical decision. I think nice pants are always a perfect choice.

6 Likes

Nordstrom Rack is a office working mans friend.

5 Likes

Agreed. With the slacks the first shirt is a good fit.

3 Likes

nice shirt!

I like @M_Mā€™s shirt best, and the one with the squares on a distant second.

2 Likes

All eight of them??

3 Likes

Either shirt is fine, just remember to leave the top three buttons undone to adequately expose your gold chains. Good luck!

14 Likes

We so have to dish soon; I too had a potential avenue of dating open up for me.

Good for you; no judgments.

To actually answer your query:

IMO, the middle shirt suits you best; it will bring out the blue in your eyes.

( I donā€™t care for the look of the material of the top one, but thatā€™s just me.)

Save the square patterned one for a brunch date.

:slight_smile:

ETA:

Jinx!

:wink:

8 Likes

Oh man, maybe @codinghorror could open up a whole new topic category for happy mutants seeking romance. (BoinkBoink?)

27 Likes

*lmao @ [quote=ā€œBrainspore, post:32, topic:80855ā€]
(BoinkBoink?)
[/quote]

13 Likes

We totes need to meetup for brunchā€“you do brunch, right?

If you donā€™t do brunch you are dead to me!

8 Likes

Probably too late, but shirt one for meetup, shirt 2 needs to die in a fire, shirt 3 is a datenight shirt, do not use until or unless an actual date happens. (And find more colors! Donā€™t be a slave to super-safe blue!)

9 Likes

What is wrong with #2? Maybe itā€™s a bad pic, but it doesnā€™t look tacky or wrinkled. Itā€™s a subtle play on Oxford stripes.

The person I met up looking radiant, in a tasteful black dress with parts of the sides cut out. Sheā€™s like meā€“a nerd, but easy on the eyes.

And thanks to all you folks here, I had enough understated courage to ask for a second dateā€¦ and get it.

(She hasnā€™t seen GoT, I havenā€™t seen vikingsā€“i see quality time in our future)

22 Likes

Ah shit, Iā€™m looking at the closet I brought down here, and itā€™s in this order: white, blue, white, black, blue, blue, grey, and grey.

3 Likes

Itā€™s an office shirt. Iā€™d question his intentions if a potential new fling showed up on Friday night wearing it.

Then again, the goth (and all the formality implied) has never fully left me. :wink:

7 Likes

Donā€™t be ridiculous; of course I do brunch.

Awesomesauce! Good for you.

15 Likes

Glad it went well!

But I haaaaaaaate the shirt with squares. Would not buy a used car from that shirt. Would not trust it to not get too handsy too soon. Would leave no spare house keys unattended in its vicinity. Would solicit no advice regarding network security best practices from it. Wouldnā€™t let it anywhere near my sister.

But thatā€™s just me. The guy with the fucking-cartoon-pigs necktie.

Youā€™ll do fine.

21 Likes

18 Likes