Help this half-onion in a plastic bag beat Trump's Twitter-follower count

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/23/help-this-half-onion-in-a-plas.html

6 Likes

I would, but that would mean signing up for twitter.

30 Likes

Can we humor him and isolate him, instead of aggravating him? Insert him in a ‘Truman Show’ reality bubble in which all his dreams come true as he sees them, but a team of actual bureaucrats runs the country.

15 Likes

Following. This account makes me cry for some reason.

36 Likes

That’s not an onion, that’s an alternative lemon.

32 Likes

While I’d follow the Twitter account, a reality show about half an onion would lack… something…

5 Likes

This is interesting. I would’ve called the container a,‘baggie’, like ‘a lid in a baggie.’

What does everyone else call a small plastic bag for storing things?

5 Likes

I usually kleenex the word by calling it a ziploc.

To me a “baggie” is the kind that doesn’t have the “zip” thing on top and requires some other closure.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Agreed.

I think they used to be called “flip top” and/or “sandwich bags.”

Makes a pretty good seal for sandwiches and home-portioned chips.

It’s not airtight, but that is a feature, not a bug IMO for the ideal use case of a bologna sandwich made in the morning, intended to be eaten that day for lunch.

3 Likes

I am not sure this is not actually the reality.

9 Likes

Onion bubs is best bubs.

6 Likes

Of course, getting such numbers would not actually prove they had no significance.

It would merely prove that some large group of people find the idea of beating Trump’s follower count amusing

3 Likes

I don’t need onions to cry.

5 Likes

Sounds more like a Twitter promotion rather than it’s intended purpose.

Fuck Twitter.

“We need a leader NOT a creepy Tweeter!” was one of my favorite chants during the Women’s March on Sat.

7 Likes

I’m willing to take my amusement where I can find it.

Also, I don’t think it’s meant to prove anything. It amuses me, and it bothers Trump (don’t try to tell me he doesn’t care). That’s what I’d call a win-win

11 Likes

Hasn’t somebody made the “National News is Half @TheOnion anyway” joke yet?

5 Likes

Well, that’s one layer of the joke. If you peel off one more layer, it shows that the same is true of Trump’s Twitter numbers…

9 Likes

[quote=“doctorow, post:1, topic:93432”]…proving that such numbers are a plebiscite on precisely nothing.
[/quote]

Something that obvious doesn’t really need proving. Exhibit 1, Kim Kardashian…

1 Like

My unused twitter account is now following an onion. That’s as good a use for it as any other.

16 Likes