Henry Cavill to star in Highlander reboot

I hope the reboot skips the swordplay and really focuses on the whole hoverboard thing

1 Like

The series was good, though

8 Likes

Since I learned about it, whenever I picture Dean stockwell, it is always with green hair.

7 Likes

What, no mustache?

1 Like

Or two, maybe three, and possible four.

2 Likes

The thing that irked me most about Man of Steel is that they DID try to turn Clark Kent into Wolverine:

A tortured loner with unanswered questions about his past who works odd jobs across Canada while trying to avoid getting into bar fights that would reveal his super-invulnerability.

7 Likes

Clancy Brown as The Kurgan is my all-time favorite movie villain. So cheesy, yet still menacing.

7 Likes

Came here to say exactly this and you already had! Duncan is the true highlander for me! :wink:

4 Likes

This is getting off-topic, I know, but Zac Snyder does not understand the Superman character and DEFINITELY doesn’t LIKE the Superman character. And because Superman is and always has been central to the DC universe, that is the single biggest problem with the entire DCEU movie franchise.

2 Likes

I mean I don’t mind Connor either but we’ve obviously had more time to learn and care about Duncan.

2 Likes

Agreed. The series was my introduction to one good movie (with a fantastic soundtrack) that was followed by a lot of WTF?!

Both my mom and I were really into it. It was a fun show for us to watch together.

5 Likes

“What happened to your hair?”
“I’m in disguise, nobody will recognise me like this!”

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember you saying that

Wolverine is just Marvel’s version of the stock Clint Eastwood character from the '60s anyway

I could see the Superman connection if Snyder was reading Nietzsche instead of comic books

4 Likes

Talk about too much of a good thing…

Dude was bloody scary in that role (when I saw it at 12 years old); to this day, I also cannot see him in anything else without still recognizing him as ‘the Kurgan.’

I think I want to live in whatever alternate reality you’re from.

9 Likes

I just watched Highlander for the first time in decades. I was surprised what a hot mess it is. I mean, it’s good, but it’s a very specific, accidental kind of “good” that I can’t see anyone replicating on purpose.

If people are keen to see Henry Cavill reprising chaotic Christopher Lambert movies – and that does make a kind of sense – then why not remake Fortress? Our present cultural moment cries out for random intestination.

7 Likes

I really loved the first movie, and was also a fan of the TV show with Adrian Paul. I dunno… nothing against Cavill but I dunno… little tired of reboots.

I did just re-watch the first Highlander awhile ago and it is still a fun movie.

5 Likes

Snyder is a randian libertarian. The idea that a physically superior being would only use his powers for the general good and not to benefit himself only is a concept he does not understand, which is why his Superman is all wrong.

5 Likes

You shall not know true pain until they reboot Highlander II.

6 Likes

Pa Kent (who has traditionally served as Superman’s moral compass) even lectured young Clark for saving a bus full of children from drowning instead of leaving them to die. His final act in Man of Steel was to teach his son that it is better to let a loved one perish needlessly than to risk letting others know you had the power to save them. Yay for old-fashioned American values!

5 Likes

5 Likes