Here are 10 foreshadowing clues in well-known movies

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/07/here-are-10-foreshadowing-clue.html

1 Like

Reservoir dogs: that’s no soap bottle… that’s embalming fluid. Hint: the warehouse scene takes place in mortuary supply building.

1 Like

Concerning Ace Ventura, there is also a hint in the name of Lois Einhorn. Einhorn is the german word for Unicorn, but it literally means Onehorn. Hinting that she has still “her one horn”.

4 Likes

Skyfall is a ridiculous example. Yes, M’s death is blatantly foreshadowed in the opening credits. Want to know what else is? THE PLOT OF THE ENTIRE FILM. Edit: Seriously, watch the whole thing knowing the plot of the movie and you will see the opening credits (while one of my favorites of the new series) is a cliff notes version of the whole film.

2 Likes

One of my favorites not listed here is in Silence of the Lambs.

When Agent Starling first visits Dr. Lecter in the basement of the BHCI, some of his drawings are posted around the walls of his cell. She asks about them, and Dr. Lecter says, “That is the Duomo seen from the Belvedere. Do you know Florence?”

He’s hiding the answer that she, and by extension Jack Crawford, both want in plain sight. Jame Gumb, aka Buffalo Bill, is later found in Belvedere, OH.

The doctor does enjoy his little jokes.

3 Likes

I suspect many have noticed this one (contains spoiler):

Mad Max 2 (or The Road Warrior), Pappagallo says “that is more than just a tanker of gas” and the camera cuts to the armored bus, in which the fuel will actually be carried.

1 Like

Nice, but my mind wasn’t blown.

1 Like

There’s an even earlier foreshadowing event in Reservoir Dogs. In the very first scene in the restaurant, Mr. Pink refuses to tip while the boss is away. When the boss gets back, he wants to know who didn’t tip. Guess who tells the boss it was Mr. Pink? Mr. Orange! He’s the rat.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.