Here are some of the things Trump once said about classified info and Hillary Clinton

Brian’s Song and The Life Of Brian are too totally different movies.

Trust me. I giggled through the first half of Brian’s Song until I realized it wasn’t a Monty Python movie :wink:

10 Likes

OK, again, not to dispute the main point, which is that Trump has once again proved himself a fuckup, and should never have been elected, the Catholic dogma you’re citing doesn’t say what you’re saying it says.

The pope’s infallibility is, crucially, limited to instances in which he says he’s speaking ex cathedra (“from the chair”), which is to say, speaking as the guy who inherited Peter’s job, as opposed to simply running his mouth. In other words, even devout Catholics only think the pope is infallible when he says, “I’m infallible here”. It’s like eight-ball; he has to call his shot.

My point about Trump is just that, though what he did was heinous and stupid (and, as Brainspore insightfully adds, potentially impeachment-worthy), his comments about Clinton, though also heinous and stupid, aren’t relevant.

1 Like

To paraphrase David Brooks, amazingly enough, Trump’s mind is like a jar with six fireflies beeping around in it.

4 Likes

And no holes in the lid

3 Likes

“Wait! That guy from Fox News was going to interview me this afternoon. Couldn’t you have just winged him?”

2 Likes

it will never happen. The GOP is never going to do it. ever.

Just accept the new world order and know the only hope you have for any change is during each election.

2 Likes

I won’t like this because of the atrociousness…but I concur. I really do not think there is anything no matter how deplorable or reprehensible one could imagine it to be that he coult do and the GOP would just not care.

2 Likes

That one took a second to land for me. Which is what makes it even more perfect.

3 Likes

Though some have suggested that might be an over-estimate of the number.

I keep thinking of all those articles early in the presidency where people were trying to figure out Trump’s secret strategy - what kind of five-dimensional chess was he playing? Now it’s clear he’s not playing chess at all. Sure, there’s a chessboard, and he’s moving pieces, but only to throw them or chew on them or sweep them aside so he can crap on the board.

1 Like

Pakistan, wasn’t it?
https://britishasiansuk.com/pakistani-news-channel-claims-donald-trump-was-born-in-pakistan-as-dawood-ibrahim-khan/

Though I rather like the idea that Donald isn’t a Trump by birth, but a child from his mother’s Scottish family, adopted by the Trumps but never made a citizen… it would be such a delicious irony and fully in keeping with his constant projecting.

2 Likes

Yeah right. Like we’re supposed to believe Donald Trump is only 63 years old.

2 Likes

Yes, but I thought in America we don’t do it with a royal hand wave. I’m pretty sure it’s not in the SOP for the president to declassify on the fly by blurting out Code Word Top Secret information to historic adversaries.

2 Likes

Or is personally responsible for the Benghazi attack.

4 Likes

And she killed Vince Foster!!1!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s not in the SOP for the president to be a game show host, yet here we are… :expressionless:

1 Like

And my question is: did he actually declassify it? Surely it’s not only still classified, but still compartmentalized within even the US government (that is, not everyone with the appropriate access ratings are allowed to see it, because it’s so sensitive). Can the president not declassify something but still legally give the information to people who don’t have access?

3 Likes

The dark comedy made about this time will include scenes where very serious, very scared people watching videos of Trump addressing crowds, or looking at tweets projected on a screen, and solemnly checking off items on an Autocracy Checklist written on a whiteboard.

Interspersed will be brief shots of Trump in his underwear, screaming at a TV and haranguing his chief of security for not bringing enough packets of El Inferno salsa with his Taco Belle salad.

3 Likes

But the authority for all the SOPs on declassification derive from Executive Orders…Which are to a real extant merely written memoranda of his authority as the head of the executive branch. There’s nothing ILLEGAL here, just a very stupid man in the office of President.

Right, but surely this intelligence is still classified - no one has said, “this information is no longer classified, anyone can read it.” So can the president reveal classified information to someone who doesn’t remotely have clearance, without the intention of declassifying the material, and have it not be a problem?

Oh, it’s a huge (make the hyuuge) problem. it’s just not illegal if the president doesn’t want it to be. The whole classification system is just a formalized system of the president telling his employees “Shh…this is secret, don’t tell anybody.”