Here are some of the things Trump once said about classified info and Hillary Clinton

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/15/trumpleaks.html

4 Likes

Let it work;
For 'tis the sport to have the enginer
Hoist with his own petar’;
and 't shall go hard

6 Likes

Gosh, it’s unfair to use his words against him. After all it was just a series of attacks - words intended to inspire negative feelings about the target of the attack. It wasn’t as if he believed - or even understood - the words. It certainly was no guarantee that Trump himself wouldn’t (or hadn’t) done those things himself! Surely everyone understood that!
I joke, but this is true - whatever his opponents do is “terrible,” “the worst” - Trump doesn’t have to understand what the thing is to say that (and he inevitably makes it clear that he doesn’t). When he does the exact same thing, it’s “wonderful,” “the best.” Because he’s the best and they’re the worst, irrespective of the quality of their actions. He’s not hypocritical - that would require understanding on his part.

16 Likes

I keep waiting for the Republican party to keel over from hypocrisy overdose. They’re way beyond the LD50 dose already.

7 Likes

Huck Finn had some wisdom to share about moments like this:

“Pretty soon I wanted to smoke, and asked the widow to let me. But she wouldn’t. She said it was a mean practice and wasn’t clean, and I must try to not do it any more. That is just the way with some people. They get down on a thing when they don’t know nothing about it… And she took snuff, too; of course that was all right, because she done it herself.”

8 Likes

Not going to happen, sadly. Hypocrisy is, to them, the same as air and water are to regular people. Of course their souls are all shrivelled up and dead inside, but they find souls to be inconvenient to the accumulation of wealth and power, so they don’t care about that side effect.

2 Likes

They don’t understand the concept of hypocrisy

4 Likes

Republicans just want to get all their stuff passed and signed by Donald, THEN they’ll look into the scandals. (After the mid-terms.)

6 Likes

We have been waiting forty or fifty years. You’re looking at the LD50 in normal people.

6 Likes

45 could LITERALLY step into the press room and gun down the entire press corps, and the GOP would not life a finger.

7 Likes

I am uncertain if they would even say boo if he started abducting young children off the streets and molested them live over the internet.

3 Likes

Yeah, they’ve built up a tolerance.

2 Likes

Trump has shown such a propensity for brazenly doing exactly the same things he accuses his adversaries of that I’m starting to wonder if he was secretly born in Kenya.

16 Likes

That ain’t no 'Mercan word!
And anyway, “sorry” is for sissies.

3 Likes

Not to dispute the main point, which is that Trump is a hypocritical piece of shit, but there’s an important difference between the president revealing classified information and anybody else doing it. As the Times’s coverage notes, the president has the power to declassify things. So revealing secrets may be foolish, and may burn our allies overseas, but when the president (as opposed to, say, the secretary of state) does it, it isn’t a crime.

1 Like

It’s time, Impeachment time…

9 Likes

The original WaPo investigation noted that too, but it needn’t be a criminal act to be an impeachable offense.

13 Likes

The Doctrine of Papal Infallibility means the Pope can literally never be wrong, and yet there have been some really shitty Popes.

5 Likes

Well, not quite. It means he can’t be wrong when he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the Church. He can still be wrong if he makes an offhanded comment such as “looks like rain today” or “The Life of Brian wasn’t even a funny movie.”

5 Likes

I’ve never understood how a football player with cancer is funny…

8 Likes