Trump wanted Comey to throw journalists in prison

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/17/trump-wanted-comey-to-throw-jo.html

5 Likes

37 Likes

I think we’ve hit an inflection point.

Staffers who were sitting on juicy nuggets of impeachment fodder are going to be jamming into each other in doorways. Less fear, more motivation to save their own asses.

23 Likes

18 Likes

23 Likes

I’m sure he and Erdogan had a lot to discuss in this regard. He’s just too childish, thin-skinned and impatient to arrange things so that the media and political opponents self-censor, like his idol Putin has done.

13 Likes

so when he leaks classified info to journalists and they publish it, that’s a sting operation!

8 Likes

“I love wikileaks.”

– Donald J. Trump, Oct. 10, 2016

11 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

He’s made it clear it’s only a “classified” leak when it’s information that makes him look bad. He doesn’t seem to understand the whole “classified” thing.

7 Likes

If Trump leaks it, then (based on recent farce) it’s no longer classified, therefore…

3 Likes

I don’t think he understands much of anything. From the reports I’ve seen he doesn’t seem to know that the stuff in his daily briefings is classified, or even what it means or how it was obtained.

12 Likes

Maybe he should follow through with his plans to “open up the libel laws” so that he can take all their money.

11 Likes

7 Likes

Well, reportedly he doesn’t read the briefings - even the one-page, all bullet-points and graphics versions. One can joke about how stupid and lazy and incompetent Trump is, but reality always seems to do one better.

10 Likes

And from the assorted right-libertarian internet champions of the First Amendment…

10 Likes

Selective enforcement isn’t a thing since Trump though …

i.e. Manning vs Petraeus

1 Like

Its almost as if they have no idea what they are doing.

3 Likes