Here are the top 25 most interesting public webcams of 2021

Originally published at: Here are the top 25 most interesting public webcams of 2021 | Boing Boing

2 Likes

They left out the goat cam!

(at time of posting, no goats were visible)

9 Likes

Yay… let’s watch maskless Floridians catch COVID in real time… :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Years ago boingboing did a post on a bit of code you could type into google and it would bring up a list of unencrypted cameras. Most of them were outside security cameras at parking lots and college campuses, but one was someone’s apartment in Japan, it seemed like they set up the camera so they could keep an eye on their cat while they were at work. I think the fact that I would log in every day to check out the cat is the reason they finally encrypted it.

5 Likes

Just press the space bar to get a new webcam on the link below - give it a few seconds to load, but many are just black, many are plain crap, but every now and then something interesting pops up.

https://www.carolinebuttet.ch/insecam/singleview.html

Not a webcam, but some interesting views. This was a lockdown ‘escape’ project.

5 Likes

Note that the goats are NOT on the roof in winter! They usually go onto the restaurant’s sod roof at the start of each tourism season, in late May, continuing through mid-October.

Bit of a wait, then.

2 Likes

Something about watching a video to see a list of webcams… hmmm.

5 Likes

Some of these made me ask aloud, “Why?”

I was hoping there’d be a dog park cam in there, but at least a lot of 'em were animal-related.

recursion

7 Likes

Nice is a “quaint French town”?

3 Likes

Everything in Europe is quaint to Americans, even the 5th largest city in France

5 Likes

Kid dangling feet over the edge of a rock outcrop at the Grand Canyon…

1 Like

Really?

Also, Florida and New York seem to be over-represented.

Thinking of which, maybe I should get my bird feeder Webcam set up again.

3 Likes

Yup, that one got a “Why?!” from me, too.

Bird feeder cams are great. The cat agrees.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.