Here is a roundup of classic Jen Psaki moments with Peter Doocy

Well, you know wimmins. /s

7 Likes

They’re mostly posts of news items. If that news has often been good - especially as much of it was unraveling the harm caused by his predecessor- it’s just being accurate.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to contribute here that will improve people’s lives given what we’re facing.

11 Likes

We have to undermine Biden somehow, so we have to talk shit about people close to Biden—and if that shit is true, great, and if the shit is false, that’s OK too, and if it’s just sort of true that’s the best of all

Only 26 more months of this and Bernie will finally be President :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Bernie Sanders Meme GIF by patternbase

8 Likes

And of course, Bernie will just snap his fingers on day one and there will be no more student debt, the minimum wage will be 25 dollars an hour and everyone will be entitled to 6 months of paid maternity/paternity leave…because it really is that easy if a politician actually has the will to do it instead of just jerking us around all the time like those darn Democrats. /s

6 Likes

From what I’ve witnessed and experienced here on Boing, if every single member took a hard turn to the right they’d still barely reach the centre. So, uh, it’s a no from me.

6 Likes

Bernie is the Chair of the Budget Committee. What we see in spending and policy priorities and achievements is largely influenced by him. As are the failures.

7 Likes

Alright fair enough, the article doesn’t describe her role (if she had one) in busting labor unions.

But she was a vice president of communications and strategy for a company that busts unions.

Well, she’s a woman, so clearly the primary villain, like in all of history. After all, it was a woman who got humanity thrown out of the garden…

marge simpson apple GIF

8 Likes

She worked there a decade before then. What are you alleging she did to bust that union? And does she own a Tardis?

9 Likes

Or Biden could have forgiven student debt with an executive order, then he could have ignored the senate parliamentarian (like the Republicans routinely did when they were in power) and gotten the minimum wage to $15.

Then people who have had their lives improved in meaningful ways by politics will have some reason to vote for him (or vote Democratic) again.

So we should do what the republicans do?

6 Likes

That would be me.

The pandemic relief wasn’t terrible either. Nor the infrastructure bill work coming into my community.

11 Likes

You do realize that there are many states and cities where the minimum wage is already (or is slated to be by laws already enacted) 15 dollars per hour, right? Care to take a stab at which party is in power in those states/cities?

5 Likes

Do you think this company has busted only one union and only very recently? Maybe Amazon got a discount for being Global Strategy Group’s first union busting gig?

If I had to speculate, I would guess that if one works as a vice president for a company that busts unions for large corporations, one would have to bust a union or two.

You didn’t answer @KathyPartdeux’s question, despite the direct reply…

6 Likes

I think that if you’re making allegations, you need to substantiate them. Not just ask questions.

“In addition to its Democratic clients, the firm has also worked for a number of labor unions in recent years — including the National Education Association, the International Brotherhood of Carpenters New England Regional Council of Carpenters, the Associated Actors and Artistes of America, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 98 in Philadelphia, the SEIU Local 775 in Washington State, and the ​​American Federation of School Administrators Local 1 in New York, according to Department of Labor records and federal campaign finance reports.“

I’ll bet those unions are complicit in union busting too.

10 Likes

That’s what happens when one sets out from the beginning to find only the negative.

If only one would weigh the negative against the positive, we wouldn’t have to keep engaging in these excruciating conversations about why we vote for Democrats even though they are far from perfect.

3 Likes

You’re doing a really poor job of making statements you can stand by. Maybe you want to take a break and consider what you’re hoping to say, I don’t know.

11 Likes

It might help if he had read the article he was quoting.

8 Likes