Here's a composite photo of the most upvoted portraits of men from r/LadyBoners

Needs an Archer meme: “Do you want an immaculate conception? Because that’s how you get an immaculate conception!”

3 Likes

Pedant post of the day: the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary’s conception, not her son’s. It’s how the Catholic Church legitimizes the “Son of God” being born from icky women’s parts: she was uniquely pure from conception, so she could be the holy vessel.

7 Likes

I guess I missed that one when I read the Bible. Well, skimmed, really.

And how does Touchdown Jesus feel about this?

2 Likes

This lack of knowledge explains every lousy lay any given woman has ever had.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Lmao @Tamsin_Bailey ftw

3 Likes

Yep. I recall when fibo-what’s-it (face-wise) was being pushed bigtime about 15-20 years ago… and when it then noticeably disappeared from the scene very soon after that. (In general, people love quick, thumbnail, use-on-the-go, lifehacks). I suspected that genuine scientist types had quickly submarined it. It’s a wonder that youtube, et al, have not kept this one very alive and thriving. Because aliens weren’t (couldn’t be made to be) involved? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I regularly see it being talked about in relation to art, with the claim being that the golden ratio has been used in various works of art and architecture going back to the ancient Greeks. Except that the argument involves making measurements in arbitrary places… that still don’t even roughly add up to the golden ratio. (Sometimes you see Fibonacci spirals or golden ratio measurements overlaid on top of images - but either they don’t correspond to anything in the image, or they’re not actually Fibonacci spirals or golden ratios. Sometimes people stick arbitrary spirals on top that match points on the image and just call them Fibonaccis when they’re not even close.)

Which is actually kind of weird, as the one place where it should show up is art - because, if nothing else, the belief that the ratio is beauty would result in people using it. Yet they don’t (except in a couple weird-looking examples). I guess it’s kind of a new belief, then.

2 Likes

There was this one “science” program on cable almost 20 years ago that featured examples of the Fibonacci Sequence (FS) on faces. To back the theory, FS graphics were overlaid on pictured faces of several “beautiful people”, with the successful matchups “proving” the theory. Then – to further nail the theory – they showed actor Danny DeVito’s face overlaid with the graphic, proclaiming that his face did not adhere to FS, then the program narrator quickly moved on to other things. Smoke and mirrors and bullshit. I recorded that program on my VCR. I studied what was shown… and guess what: DeVito’s face (eyes relative to nose relative to mouth and horizontal spacings) followed the FS. Popular science.

2 Likes

Too%20Many

Also, I must:

13 Likes

Sexy shroud of turin, anyone?

1 Like

“Sexy Shroud of Turin”

You’re working on your Halloween costume already??

4 Likes

I am a man, baby.

It was interesting checking out r/LadyBoners. Is it run by lady of the Aryan Nations?Because wow that’s a lot of white guys! Virtually no tall dark and handsome in the entire bunch. I think r/LadyBoners is were the r/ stands for racist.

Well, sort of…

details at

At ~200k members, I don’t think it’s even in the top 50 communities by subscriber count.

2 Likes

As many 14 year old boys already suspected, bum fluff is evidently a huge turn on for the ladies.

I do wonder how many people would correctly identify that.

1 Like

Too few.

5 Likes

Wishbone? :smirk:

5 Likes