Here's some high-quality otter footage from the BBC

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/06/heres-some-high-quality-otte.html

14 Likes

Otterpunk? Check out them cyber-eyes.

13 Likes

You say spy camera, I say bionic otter.

12 Likes

Doesn’t look better, stronger, faster than the real thing to me.

10 Likes

This is the kind of quality cute otter content Fridays need!!

17 Likes

I had no idea their irises have actual color. Purple eyes! Now I love 'em even more!

Squeeeee!!!1111!1!1

9 Likes

I picture the otter saying “Dude, something is wrong with your eye…”

14 Likes

Subtitled “Humans Introduce Otters to ‘The Uncanny Valley.’”

16 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

11 Likes

I was at the zoo one time and all these families were cooing over the lil’ smorshable otters, but they didn’t spot the one at the back of the enclosure lazily tearing the head off a rat

9 Likes

“Dude, are you okay? Maybe you should go lie down.”

26 Likes

Bonus points for David Tennant’s Scottish burr.

6 Likes

“Whoa, back the flipper up, buddy! You look like you’ve got that otter-zombie virus!”

7 Likes

The Monterey Bay Aquarium has some webcams, I think one is in their Otter tank. Most are inside the Aquarium, but they have some cams out in the Bay too. O guarantee of something interesting at any given time, but if you watch long enough, something will come along.

Other aquariums also have webcams, and likeky some zoos too. I found some if them wirh a web search.

The local library has a bee hive on its roof, and for a while there was a webcam. There are similar webcams aimed at very specific things like rare bird nests.

5 Likes

Since this was a Beschizza post, I was expecting an otter-roll. Not disapointed

5 Likes

“The Million Dollar Otter”

3 Likes

There’s a wiki on tool use by otters, interesting.

4 Likes

Disney’s Animal kingdom has a Otter habitat, including a viewing area to see them underwater. And in one of the best corporate sponsorship’s ever…brought to you by “OtterBox”

5 Likes

Best otter footage ever:

8 Likes

Has anyone ever managed to find a low-quality otter to capture footage of? I’m not sure those are a thing.

5 Likes