Here's the "Gray Rock" method for making narcissists go away

Okay.

2 Likes

Much too polite, with the formal/respectful “vous”. Go with “va-t’en!”, delivered with a snarl.

7 Likes

Waaay too polite. You’ll have better luck with “Casse-toi, pauv’con”, as popularized by Sarkozy.

7 Likes

Maybe not a long monologue. Maybe just reply “That’s just like this weird dream I had last night. I was on this boat, but it was also my parent’s house when I was a kid…”

6 Likes

I suggest studying Uncle Colm on Derry Girls for mastering this particular art form, though he’s more about the delivery than the topic.

2 Likes

Simone: Do you have any dreams?

Pee-wee: Yeah, I’m all alone. I’m rolling a big doughnut and this snake wearing a vest…

4 Likes

wow, rude. if you came into my juice shop, I’d probably kick you out. No juice for you.

You’re offended when your customers just want to buy juice and are not pretending to be your friends?

6 Likes

5d657n

12 Likes

But not too heavy - you don’t want to tear a rotator cuff or anything

1 Like

Gray rock: live concerts played by 60s or 70s rock or better progressive rock band members.
See video above for an example, in this case is more like “white rock” rather than gray.

2 Likes

Ouch! Yes - I’ve done that before.

Heavy enough to cause third party damage but not first party injury. Perfect!

So what women have had to do to over-interested men for literally all of human history? Thank you, very timely.

Follow the advice of Zhuangzi - empty your boat

If a man is crossing a river
And an empty boat collides with his own skiff,
Even though he be a bad-tempered man
He will not become very angry.
But if he sees a man in the boat,
He will shout at him to steer clear.
If the shout is not heard, he will shout again,
And yet again, and begin cursing.
And all because there is somebody in the boat.
Yet if the boat were empty.
He would not be shouting, and not angry.

The link gives the whole thing, which is one of my very favorite bits from Zhuangzi (as interpreted by Thomas Merton)

2 Likes

That doesn’t really seem true to me though. I get pissed off and curse out all kinds of empty boats that come up in my life.

4 Likes

Lol now that you mention it, there are some furniture corners I have cussed out in my time

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.