Here's the mashup video of Trump mass-murdering his enemies, shown at his resort to supporters

Mummy told me not to lie.

14 Likes

The “raise a puppy only to have to kill it later” dates back to (at least) Sparta and has been used over and over again in stories, for example in Game of Thrones. In this case it served the purpose of having Eggsy kicked out for a reason the audience would consider unfair. Eggsy is the hero and the Kingsmen morally grey with the leader perfectly willing to support the villain.

It shows the classes the villain held in contempt. I don’t see how you can assume the writer is of the same opinion. Do you assume the writers of various Bond movies all felt sympathy for their villains genocidal plans?

1 Like

Please note the following also

25 Likes

One thing is for sure, and that is that many Reich Wing Nutjobs are at this very moment furiously jerking off their tiny dicks to this video.

8 Likes

When I saw the original scene in the theater, its over the top ultraviolence sort of lampshaded the dehumanizing. This was a movie that didnt take itself too seriously. But its become impossible to say anything ironically anymore without someone taking it literally… and this kind of a nightmare being used as a starting point for targeting real people… its the kind thick-headedness that got us President Trump in the first place.

At a certain point, there just isnt any more desk upon which to hit ones head. Let the secret service sort this mess out, I just don’t even.

3 Likes

Can we acknowledge that the Trump administration has found a way to successfully weaponize internet memes? This is a strategy they have deployed before, and most probably will do over and over again:

It’s a pretty insidious tactic on the whole: “Look at this funny clip that somebody else created. The message is somewhat ambiguous and it’s not actually me saying it, but look at how other people perceive me! Are you offended? Cant take a joke? Relax, it’s just a meme”

We need a new way to counter this.

11 Likes

All that I remember was that a woman, Roxy, won and became Lancelot. After that, most of the the action and focus went to the guy who failed upward to become an agent, too. I decided not to waste time on the sequel.

4 Likes

Maybe we need an impeachment, removal, fines/restitution, and prison sentencing fantasy video for him (and his supporters) to watch…:thinking:

11 Likes

Trump has apparently condemned the video, but I’m not sure what that really means. Maybe he knows it’s the best move in terms of optics, but for all we know he might think it wasn’t realistic enough.

No doubt it was made by one of his supporters, but he will claim the “loony left” made it to impugn him.

1 Like

Even the most popcorn-y movie was made by human beings with views and opinions, backed by people with money who hold views and opinions. What filters down into the final product determines who the audience will be, who will love the film and who will hate it. Prime example: no matter how much DC tries, they’re a conservative film company at heart. They make movies for conservative viewers. Marvel is a liberal film company at heart, they make movies for liberal viewers. You can see it in their audiences, in the responses each film gets from different sectors. You can feel it in the dialogue and aesthetics as well. Both companies do, on occasion, try to ride the middle line in one particular film or with one particular character. But overall, there’s a culture being transmitted and played to, and it’s the same with the Kingsman films. I remember watching the first one in the theater, and feeling oddly uneasy about it–some lines and moments that registered sour in my head. Now I get why.

5 Likes

That’s funny you should ask:

2 Likes

Going by their track record, who wants to bet that this is a lie?

14 Likes

People who wants to take offence will always find a reason to do so. If you want to you can get equally upset about Bond defending the evil British Empire, the hyperpatriotic ending of ‘Independence Day’ where all the rest of the world cheer USA and so on.

1 Like
1 Like

The Twitter feed of Trump’s social media advisor, Dan Scavino, is filled with these weird videos with Trump’s head superimposed on the original footage, just like this murderous one, and none of them show any awareness of copyright infringement.

3 Likes

They can’t seriously think he’s that fit. We all know that there’s only one movie character Trump can convincingly portray.

19 Likes

I haven’t seen the movie, only YouTube snippets, but when he snaps out of it, doesn’t he kill himself?

If so, that seems like an opportunity for a “Deleted scene” addition to the Trump video.

1 Like

it’s always a dead giveaway that fragile white idiots are nearby.

1 Like

He is shot by the main villain directly afterwards so the movie doesn’t have to deal with how he handled what he had done. Maybe in the sequel, but I haven’t seen that one.

2 Likes

Oh, well that would be okay too.

This isn’t the first Trump violent mashup. Is there some fanboy unit that makes them?

1 Like