Here's the mashup video of Trump mass-murdering his enemies, shown at his resort to supporters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/13/heres-the-mashup-video-of-tr.html

5 Likes

April was a few months ago…

What do you mean?

2 Likes

They’re not wrong. April was a few months ago.

Not sure how it’s relevant …

8 Likes

This appears to be based on this clip from “Kingsman: Secret Service” in which Colin Firth’s character murders a bunch of people in a church: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3zdYUG2_RA (more disturbing than the Trump video in some ways, in other ways less disturbing)

2 Likes

From there, Mr. Trump attacks a range of his critics. He strikes the late Arizona senator John McCain in the back of the neck. He hits the television personality Rosie O’Donnell in the face and then stabs her in the head. He strikes Representative Maxine Waters, Democrat of California. He lights the head of Senator Bernie Sanders, a Democratic presidential rival, on fire.

He takes Senator Mitt Romney, Republican of Utah, hostage before throwing him to the ground. Then he strikes former President Barack Obama in the back and throws him against a wall.

Threats to sitting Congresspeople and a former president. This merits a criminal investigation.

40 Likes

59 Likes

April Fools Day was several months ago. Unleashing April Fool’s gags after midday on 01 Apr is considered a faux pas, so releasing one 6 months late is quite simply gauche.

On topic: Trump is obviously in principle totally cool with firearms massacres and mass-murder in a place of worship. The only thing left to determine is just where he draws the line … or even if he has a line at all.

Spoiler: he doesn’t.

36 Likes

So, a propaganda video depicting the prez with murderous intentions as a smokescreen against news outlets reporting on his various other criminal intentions…yeah, that makes so much sense. /s

31 Likes

To his supporters this looks like a powerful display of his passion for fighting against propaganda. To normal people it looks like a psychopath who can’t handle people discussing the objective reality of what he says and does.

57 Likes

ThirdWavyLeopard-size_restricted

28 Likes

Mr Pence and his fellow Evangelicals are cool with this I suppose.

28 Likes

The more I hear about Kingsmen, the more I think that it’s a perfectly vile piece of trash.
is this reputation deserved?

2 Likes

This still image from The Kingsmen is just before President Obama’s head explodes, a moment we are supposed to celebrate (he is unnamed, but it is clear who it is supposed to be).

Kingsman%20Obama

That movie has complete disdain for common people and anyone who does anything to help them. It is a horrible, detestable movie.

12 Likes

WTAF.

36 Likes

The Kingsmen movie is definitely trash, however you feel about comedic ultraviolence in movies, because it utterly squanders an opportunity to deliver an actually interesting story in service to looking “cool.” It’s possible that the original source material does a better job at the purported goal of subverting and lampshading Hollywood secret agent tropes, but I haven’t read it so I can’t really say.

The setup of a villain seeking to purge the world of all but the super-elite and a secret agency utterly failing to thwart him because they are, themselves, composed of and open only to the super-elite has promise. It’s even a great setup for the protagonist, who joins the agency from a lower-class background and initially struggles to fit in (and even leaves the agency at one point because he doesn’t agree with their hyperloyalty to their elitist cause), to eventually be key to saving the day. However, the movie falls flat on its face in the last act in that, in order to ultimately defeat the villain’s plan, he… completely and seamlessly conforms to the elite trappings of the agency? And then ends the movie parroting their elitist fashion dogwhistles? Okay, then.

I don’t know if there’s something about American vs. British notions of class mobility that just don’t translate or if Hollywood destroyed a good premise beyond recognition or if the original was also shitty. But it winds up as a very classic example of the dangers of parody, in which “eating shit, even if you’re doing it ironically, still makes you a shiteater.”

18 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible for me to hate Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Freebird even more than I did before, yet here I am. Fuck.

14 Likes

I’m under the impression that making a video like this, even poorly, is kind of a big effort. It’s certainly not something you can toss off in moments like an image macro “meme.” You’d like to think that most people who might have had the notion to make it would have had time for some second thoughts along the way.

23 Likes

It’s so outlandish it feels like a joke (spoiler: there are no jokes anymore). I get someone on the internet mashing this together, it’s what happens when everyone has a soap box. There are amazing things and awful things (people are awful), but the twisted propaganda is getting thick these days (also doesn’t help when trump parrots anything that rubs him the right way regardless of origin).

2 Likes

link to newyork times article is broken, as it is incorrectly terminated with a %5C character

2 Likes