Here's the mashup video of Trump mass-murdering his enemies, shown at his resort to supporters

Just wait until that Trump Official Social Networking App gets launched.
More primo content will be getting pumped out like this on the daily.

2 Likes

The Kingsmen movies have already been called out for their right-wing leanings, so it’s not really surprising that Trump would be recast as one of its heroes.

10 Likes

Who are these assholes who make stupid shit like this? Fifth graders? I mean wtf.

1 Like

I’m moving beyond “I can’t even” to something I can’t quite articulate.

13 Likes

I’m going to go one step further and argue that this is many of his supporters’ masturbatory fantasy. Instead of having to rationally discuss differences of opinion like grown ass adults it’s a fantasy of “then BLAM I shoots him, then stabs her, then then then I did a flying ninja karate kick!”.

Ah, the fantasy of a world where you don’t have to confront that your view may be wrong, and you get to solve everything with violence…

31 Likes

“If I kill all the people who distribute the objective facts, reality can be whatever I say!”

17 Likes

Mark Miller is the writer of the comics. He’s most famous for Kick-Ass, another contemptible ultra-violent “satire-not-satire” right wing wish fulfillment power fantasy.

His stuff is all unreadable Edge-Lord Bro crap. So of course he’s a highly awarded comic book superstar.

18 Likes

Gosh, everyone’s down on Kingsman (including Vox! Once you’ve lost Vox, you know you’ve lost the people), which I thought was pretty funny, particularly that scene, in which a pack of despicable racist homophobe fundies are driven by the bad guy’s mind control device to start murdering each other (the reason Harry Hart - here replaced with Cheeto Maximus - is doing most of the killing is because he’s been trained to be good at it). And that woman is yelling at the chap as he leaves because he’s just made his excuses to skip out on the appalling sermon by remarking “I’m a Catholic whore, currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black Jewish boyfriend who works at a military abortion clinic. So, hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon, madam.”

Interesting choice for a pro-Trump mash-up, is all I’m saying.

The problem with the sequel’s politics, FWIW, is a peculiarly childish inability to decide whether it wants to be anti-drug or anti-drugwar, but as it’s a peculiarly childish subgenre I don’t feel like getting too Zhdanovist about it. And the fact that FoxNews obviously payed for product placement is just another laugh point.

15 Likes

In the movie Harry Hart go on a killing spree because he is mind controlled. Who is controlling Trump to make him attack Americans?

4 Likes

Yeah, the Kingsman movies are disgusting. I was kinda half-watching the first one and thought “Oh, wait, this is a complicated political satire.” which caught my attention and so I watched closer and changed my mind quickly. They wear their politics in a rather uncomplicated, vile, in your face, fashion and generally celebrate a range of deeply conservative, anti-democratic, philosophies/people/politics. Political correctness, my ass. Kingsman movies were far to the right of, oh, Tom Clancy or Mel Gibson, more along the lines of whatever movies Pinochet might have dreamed up. Were the comic books as awful as the movies?

6 Likes

They are darkly comic, raunchy, and ultra-violent - unapologetically so. I found them mostly dumb and entertaining on the initial viewing, but I don’t predict they will age particularly well. And now that it’s being turned into a Big Franchise Film, I expect it to go even more downhill.

2 Likes

Like Kick-Ass, the comics are worse.

6 Likes

Sometimes you just need to lean back, bring the popcorn and watch a movie for the silly entertainment it is. It’s James Bond turned up to 11, not a serious analysis of contemporary society.

1 Like

Yay, Oliver Thorn! I enjoy his Philosophy Tube channel on youtube.

@Melchett Something something smite the ungodly something something too early to discuss gun control.

Isn’t that just a description of American Exceptionalism? :wink:

10 Likes

Am I just remembering the movie wrong? It’s been a few years since I saw it. Didn’t the villain cause those explosions to eliminate the elite (including the US president, who at that time was Obama)? I’m not sure why you say that we are supposed to celebrate it. I remember it as a “that’s bad, the hero better do something”-moment.
And the church scene was mind-controlled dialed up violence. I read it as a warning about blindly trusting corporations and fancy new technologies. I’m not saying the movie is great, but it’s not an Obama-centered or church-centered killing fantasy. It’s a regular Hollywood killing fantasy using British accents to try and make it a little charming so they can sell it as a comedy.

The Trump-edit clip is masturbatory, disgusting, and something you’d expect from [n]chan.

6 Likes

This is even worse than his appearance in Home Alone 2.

17 Likes

The bad guy was extremely pro-elite (not that the good guys weren’t as well) - he was so pro-elite that he wanted them all to be the survivors of the culling, whether they were ideologically in favor of his plan or not. Of these, it turns out scientists who made up the “global warming” fiction and politicians elected by the common man were in favor of it while royalty wasn’t. The explosives were put in the heads of everyone that knew the plan, but were only to be used if they betrayed Valentine. It was the good guys that set off all the explosives, taking out those people (like Obama) who were working in favor of this global genocide.

The place wasn’t chosen by random. Just like the violence at the estates, it shows the classes that the writer holds in contempt. And at the end, it includes everyone in the world poor enough that free cell service sounds like a good deal.

7 Likes

Yeah, reading the Vox article… I’m just remembering it wrong. The whole global warming plot… can’t remember any of it.

1 Like

All that I remember is the shoot out in the church (which was very well filmed; though that hardly redeems it) and the very poor anal joke.

1 Like

I tried to take that approach, I really did. But the bit that threw my suspension of disbelief right out the window, was the puppy killing sub-plot. At which point… there just isnt one. Its not entertainment anymore when you’re just being shown people hurting each other for no reason.

2 Likes