Here's the official Trump-Kim photo on North Korea Line of Demarcation

Sure. Like letting a 6yr old drive can sometimes do some good thing.

2 Likes

Thread:

1 Like

Woof, I gotta agree with you here. Very broken clock, but I think he stumbled into the right thing. I think past presidents were overthinking the “implications.” Trump may very well fuck it up, but the I am a firm believer that nearly-unconditionally opening up trade and relations is the only way to dissolve the iron grip of a dictator. The fact that South Korea welcomes and celebrates this move is huge. They are the ones whose asses are truly on the line.

1 Like

The auto-generated translated CCs are hilarious. Ex.: “On the other hand there are three historic bars and ghost stories.” “The length of the bass must be corrected for the fairness of the vessel.”

These aren’t peace talks.

3 Likes

I love how north-korean newscasters are always on the verge of a heroic orgasm.

1 Like

For special occasions they call on the original master.

1 Like

Alternatively:

Pence: Yes, uh-huh, okay.

Headlines the next day: “Godless” North Koreans Kidnap New York Real Estate Developer. President Pence Promises “They Will See The Righteous Light Of God’s Wrath.”

1 Like

I feel like America would be significantly greater if Traitor Trump just stayed in North Korea.

1 Like

You might argue that it’s good Traitor Trump is keeping lines of communication open with North Korea. You might also argue that this is better than continuing his threats about “fire and fury.” But then again, this is danger that he inflicted on us.

Aside from that, what is Agent Orange accomplishing with his North Korea song and dance? He isn’t really conducting ongoing diplomacy. He has no real agreement, insofar as “real agreements” have clear deliverables. There is no extra trade with North Korea.

All he has is blather and lies. If that makes you feel better, that’s cool, I guess. But outside of you, that’s not worth much.

Again, Trump is an asshole, and I wish it were anyone else on earth doing this. But I take the South Koreans at their word that this is what they want. They seem genuinely relieved and optimistic here. That’s what tipped it for me. Of course, they could just be kissing Trump’s ass to keep the Fire and Fury talk at bay, but it’s not like other presidents didn’t run war games and other such provocations.

ok. my bad, wrong terminology.

This is just the way diplomacy works.

People should not criticize Trump for the good things he (accidentally?) does. It gives the Trumpists the chance to dismiss all criticism.

This isn’t diplomacy, either.

1 Like

Those auto-generated captions really put everything into perspective.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.