Here's the trailer for Jordan Peele's remake of the 1992 horror flick, Candyman

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/27/heres-the-trailer-for-jordan.html

5 Likes

9 Likes

It’s a sequel, not a remake. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is portraying the grown up version of the child from the first movie.
Still looks awesome though.

12 Likes

Who has a higher level of talent + likability +general good-eggedness*, Jordan Peele or Taika Waititi? You can choose only one.

*that’s a term, look it up

7 Likes

Colman Domingo

5 Likes

I’m still unclear on how this story relates to the original 1971 Gene Wilder movie.

20 Likes

He’s not in the trailer but IMDB says Tony Todd is returning. Very excited to see this.

5 Likes

You know, I was tempted to go with the classic caged-Cage “No, Not the Bees!” gif, but decided to take a slightly edgier route:

3 Likes

Rising sugar costs, falling retail prices, industry consolidation and the horrible mismanagement of that imbecilic new CEO Charlie doomed his business, until finally the last location closed, leaving him saddled with enormous debt and a debilitating sugar addiction. He was forced to move into public housing, where he was set upon by rival gang factions trying to coerce him to be a kind of court fool, singing & dancing for their merriment. Eventually broken in mind and spirit, he took a file to the edge of steel candy scooper and began his terrible vengeance on those who had wronged him.

Who can take a pixie stick (who can take a pixie stick)
Jam it through your eye (jam it through your eye)
Cover you with turtles, the snapping biting kind
The Candy Man (the Candy Man)
Oh, the Candy Man can (the Candy Man can)
The Candy Man can
'Cause he mixes it with murder
And makes the world taste good
(Makes the world taste good)

Candyman, coming March 30th: Because Vengeance is…sweet

7 Likes

I saw him in the trailer and I pull up his iMDB page convinced I know him from something. Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, nothing. Scroll back up — did I miss something? And then there it is all the way at the bottom: Around The Fire. Weird, bad (at least it had Stephen Tobolowsky as an LSD cook) hippie movie from 20 years ago. But sure enough: that’s where I know him.

For me, Fear the Walking Dead. One of the few actors I really like from the franchise.

2 Likes

Obvious but nonetheless funny: Say the name five times? Who would do that?

cut to five white(ish) girls lined up in front of the mirrors.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Peele’s doing great work, but how about some love for director Nia DaCosta? Looks like she nailed this.

5 Likes

Nia Dacosta is directing Candyman …

Peele is credited as co-writer and producer.

6 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.