Watch the intense trailer for Jordan Peele and Dev Patel's "Monkey Man"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/26/watch-the-intense-trailer-for-jordan-peele-and-dev-patels-monkey-man.html

I’ve always liked Mundian To Bach Ke, but surely there’s another Bhangra track that can be used in movie trailers

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m up to this level of intensity any more, but it is nice to some more progress in who gets to be the action movie star. :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed Dev Patel’s work from Skins to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel to The Newsroom to Lion.

Even though it’s not quite my type of movie, I’m really looking forward to seeing what he does with this!

2 Likes

Only thing i’ve seen of his was The Green Knight, and while i didn’t love the movie his acting in it was solid. This movie looks pretty good so i’m excited to see it when it comes out.

5 Likes

Violent revenge movies against the rich seem to be the big thing this season. First “The Beekeeper” and now this. Anyone else notice this?

It’s trickier to build audience interest around a story of rich people seeking violent revenge against the poor.

(*Batman excepted)

7 Likes

Hanuman has some good stories. Can’t find the proper healing herb on the mountain?
Just grab the whole damn mountain.

Nope but i did think to my self last night, that we dont have any American lawyer tv shows any more, at least not here in the UK, The good fight is the last one i remember and that went nuts. Not as good as the good wife, its started off ok, but turned into a rant about trump… We only seem to be getting American police/ FBI /internation FBI, FBI most wanted, any thing related to the FBI atm.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.