Herman Cain dies of Covid

Thank you for your sacrifice in finding that out, so I/we didn’t need to dig through the dregs…

My neighbor is still beating this drum. And he’s obese, and a smoker, so high risk. And no spring chicken.
I just.don’t. get it.

11 Likes

Denial.

It won’t prevent them from “getting it,” either.

10 Likes

I mean, I kind of get it, but…my brow. I fear the furrow is permanent.

11 Likes

In addition to denial being a factor, American movement conservatism is a death cult. Followers would rather harm themselves than see someone who’s “undeserving” get a benefit, even if they get the same benefit.

16 Likes

Despite the buffon-y image he gave during the campaign, his tea party politics, and his wrongheaded public reaction to Covid, Cain was a very very smart guy, and a genuine rags-to-riches story. Inspiring even. I hope his estate finds a way to honor that aspect of his life.

Give me a break. So he started out with little and became a rich Republican who advocated fuck-the-poor and murderous policies? Fuck that kind of legacy.

18 Likes

He was a self hating Black man who gleefully sold out his own people for personal gain; there’s nothing “inspiring” to me about a spineless lick-spittle who died of his own willful stupidity… regardless to what his bank account looked like when he died.

May his soul rot.

16 Likes

We all have the opportunity to choose our legacies. Cain chose a terrible and embarrassing public one.

15 Likes

His pizza was even more of a joke than his presidential campaign.

6 Likes

He had access to the best advice but chose to put himself at risk. What’s more, he encouraged people to do things which have led to the needless deaths of over a hundred thousand and will almost certainly lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands or millions more in this country. I have very little sympathy left for people like that. Mine is for the nurses or doctors who are currently patients in the hospital where they usually work thanks to an infected patient, to the person who has been forced back to work in unsafe conditions, to those who can’t afford medical care and the rest of covidiocy’s victims.

13 Likes

If someone’s only measure of a life is how financially successful that person was, then such an individual truly has my pity.

16 Likes

Then there’s that. I completely forgot about the waiver, talk about insult to injury.

The universe was screaming at this guy not to go.

Global pandemic = check
Lunatic trump advise = check
Crowd of people = check
Zero mask wearing = check
Event Liability waivers = check
Black man = check
Old = check
Pre-existing conditions = check
Cable Tv playing all the Final Destination movies that week = check

10 Likes

10 Likes

EVERYthing the campaign puts out is atrocious.

the BB email addresses routinely get signed up for all sorts of drek, including trump campaign emauls, and every time I see them, I can’t believe how they are written. They are browbeating and insulting folks into donating by using such tactics as “We checked the records, you haven’t voted this quarter. Why not? The president is COUNTING ON YOU! Do you want to be the reason we lose?!” and “Donate $240 or more to be put on the Trump prestige list! He will print this list out and hang it in his office!”. Never a mention of policy.

It’s grifters, all the way down.

22 Likes

I’m not measuring his success by his wealth, or measuring him at all, just appreciating how he got there.

I’m sure whoever runs their sucker list has studied the techniques of the Nigerian 419 scammers.

12 Likes

Here’s to “legacy:”

20 Likes

“Smart guy” or not he died a dumb, preventable death.

18 Likes

The world would be a better place if people would just hurry up and accept that EVERYONE and ANYONE can be a fool.

7 Likes

But who will give us our Pokemon quotes now?

5 Likes