Herman Cain dies of Covid

A realistic possibility is that he had written (or had someone ghost write) these tweets days or weeks ago and had them published on a schedule that no one changed when he got sick.

How his family feels about Trump now… I know I’d be hard-pressed to opine on since Trump’s doings have been tearing families apart and in different directions all along. If I was forced to assume anything, I’d say that — as with any family at this time — they’re probably thinking long on this one.

3 Likes

Remaining engaged in community issues is a far cry from continuing to downplay the illness that has had you hospitalized for a month, and is possibly killing you. I don’t think what Cain/his people were doing is analogous to your dad.

And as an aside, if what you’re describing is the passing of your father, you have my sincere condolences. I lost my father when I was young, and it’s awful.

15 Likes

No mention of his twitter account retweeting reports of his death?

2 Likes

Don’t care; he intentionally sowed the seeds of discord for personal gain, and now he’s been reaped.

No sympathy.

19 Likes

To be clear…this is an explanation, not an excuse.

1 Like

If they are typical Trumpsters, they will deflect, distract, deny, and attempt to explain it away as something doing with “god’s will”.

3 Likes

:grin::joy::rofl::upside_down_face::disappointed_relieved: i needed that. Thanks!

9 Likes

80 years of assholery? I mean, that’s gotta take a toll!

9 Likes

Thanks, but I still don’t care about Cain’s twitter account; I care about the damage he facilitated with his elevated platform while he was still alive.

22 Likes

Thoughts and prayers.

6 Likes

“Hey, as long as we get a decent cut of the estate, we’re good.”

3 Likes

Killed by a Trump rally. What a way to go.

That’s got to be weird, being sick and watching whoever runs your social media not only pretend everything is fine, but argue against the thing that could have saved your life.

I’m not sure if it’s worse when they’re not jumping, but simply being carrying along, unwillingly, by all the people who are jumping. Because that’s the thing that really gets me - how many of us, taking things seriously, trying to keep ourselves and everyone else safe, will end up sick and dead because of those willingly/blindly leaping to their doom drag down those around them.

I spend so much time being mad about this, I don’t have the energy to be sad about the deaths, yet.

9 Likes

I can’t read that quote without immediately thinking of this:

7 Likes

tenor (3)

10 Likes

I am not ashamed to admit that Groundhog’s Day put me onto Scott; his work wasn’t taught at institutions where I attended.

3 Likes

His pizza was okay

I spent some money for the lunch buffet like 30 years ago

Rachel Maddow was convinced his presidential campaign was a joke

1 Like

He must have been really mortified when he realized he was going to die of a hoax that’s being overhyped just to set us up for big business charging us for the cure they already have.

5 Likes

There’s now one less idiot on the island.

1 Like

False. Cain died of conservative policies, and gave his life to own the libs.

3 Likes