Herman Cain tweets from beyond the grave

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/13/herman-cain-tweets-from-beyond.html

12 Likes

I can’t say it’s unexpected that a death cult would use zombies as spokespeople.

63 Likes

Well, they have been making Reagan’s corpse sing and dance for a while now. Often contrary to the actual politics he demonstrated during his presidency. ie: assault weapons ban, raising taxes, protecting social security…granted there was a ton heinous things he also supported or maintained plausible deniability about - see Oliver North and the Iran Contra Affair…

Let’s just be thankful Reagan never had an official Twitter account.

38 Likes

Politics is almost as exciting as war, and quite as dangerous. In war you can only be killed once, but in politics many times.

Winston Churchill

30 Likes

Wondering if this is somehow against the Twitter terms of service…

45 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. It is, after all, a verified account.

32 Likes

I found that the Lyndon LaRouche PAC is still functioning, and using his previous words to address current events. No, not in an abstract way, directly…

14 Likes

Dick Cheney went fifteen months without a pulse, and it didn’t really slow him down. I’m all for separation of Church and State, but think that when people are sworn into office, we should also dowse them with holy water and see if they start smoking.

30 Likes

Makes sense. I’m sure he’s already voted.

16 Likes

Then there is the climate denier organisation SEPP, which at one point had a board of directors where more than half were deceased.

12 Likes

It is unfortunate that holy water doesn’t work. Half of the religious right would have burned to a cinder years ago.

9 Likes

True story, the way that this movie was in rotation on HBO back in the day, and having completely missed its theatrical run fsr, I thought it was something that HBO had produced as a direct-to-cable event.

23 Likes

Looks like they’ve updated the account to reflect that it’s no longer Cain, but his daughter?

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain

“The Cain Gang”?

18 Likes

Well, if the Cain Gang is going to focus on amplifying endorsements of Harris, I say godspeed

(Wait…I’m being informed that apparently these people believe these things to be criticisms? of Ms. Harris, and don’t realize that they are shoring up her bona fides for the only part of her base that might not be enthusiastic yet)

32 Likes

“Know what else is completely nuts? I’m friggin’ DEAD!”

There’s the crux of it. Maybe a petition, instead of asking them to outright ban it, to urge Twitter to “re-verify.” EDIT:

Wow just wow just wow. I need a palate cleanser. Join me?

18 Likes

The wealthy are happy to pave their continued prosperity on the bones of the dead, even their own. What’s the use of having an influential and rich father if you can’t convert every last asset into your own personal gain? Including their social media followers.

19 Likes

Maybe Herman Cain is the Republican version of Tupac… We’re gonna see him around for years.

9 Likes

It’s the least she could do, as Trump helped put Cain where he is today. Dead, in a box.

21 Likes

You too can build your own zombie army with one simple recipe…hydrochloroquine, an injection of bleach, and a bright light shone up their butt.

19 Likes

“Why didn’t I think of that?!”
– Meghan McCain, probably

16 Likes