Hertz "deeply saddened" that it took 5 years to find the receipt to free an innocent man

I mean … again, I am not commenting on this guy’s definitive guilt or innocence, but him driving to the airport isn’t proof he didn’t shoot the guy. And his defense had the same access to the cell phone records that they did - they’re his records, after all.

I think the point of whether the evidence 100% proves or disproves something isn’t as important as the fact that it is an important piece of evidence that could lead to a man’s freedom and Hertz took waaaayyyy too fucking long.

3 Likes

Solid reference. Not often you can make a reference to OJ without stepping over the line.

2 Likes

When I first heard this Patrice O’Neal routine about keeping your own receipts it was funny, but seemed a bit over the top - until today:

6 Likes

“With advances in data search in the years following…”

What does that even mean? I’m gonna need some specifics on that, because neither:

A) Running a SQL query on your database

nor

B) Looking in bankers boxes for the carbon copy of the receipt

… received any great scientific advancements between 2011 and 2015. Either I’m misunderstanding what they had to do, or this is the dumbest nopology yet.

7 Likes

Hertz once reserved me a car at a location that did not actually exist, so this does not surprise me one bit

(sigh, BBS insists I put something here)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.