'Heterosexual Trump.' a new 'Sassy Trump' from Peter Serafinowicz

But I can understand why @SamWinston would find that offensive, can’t you? Being gay isn’t a bad thing, it just is. So, it’s kind of a fine line between gay being a slur and making fun of people who are homophobic.

4 Likes

No kidding. Is Iowa really so homogeneous that an all-white football team is a normal thing? And if so, why do we keep letting them have the first stab at deciding who the candidates to represent the entire country will be?

6 Likes

Absolutely, I’m not saying he shouldn’t be offended by it. But I think that context is super important here, and there’s a lot more to Serafinowicz’s Trump videos than “ha ha gay people sound funny”. Whether he’s using a cockney thug voice or an effeminate gay voice to dub Trump’s actual words, it’s to show how his exact phrasing can take on a whole new meaning with just a change of tone and inflection. That’s why I’m not offended by his videos; I’m a gay man but I don’t take them as making fun of gay people in general, at all.

4 Likes

Fair enough!

1 Like

Because taking that first stab away from Iowa would be racist against white people.

/s

4 Likes

I don’t know much about Iowa’s team, but google pics show quite a few “non-whites”. Perhaps they didn’t want to be photographed with Trump (or Trump didn’t want to be photo’d with them?) Dunno, maybe the non-white players skipped the rally because it was for Trump.

1 Like

Hetero male here … And for awhile now I’ve been thinking “Well it’s funny because it’s Trump but it’s kinda insulting to gay people” but I thought well I’m never the first one offended, and nobody had said anything about it so I guess it’s just me assuming others would be insulted.

1 Like

I barely knew any of those people … Probably because of my nationality and assisted by the fact I live in box.

1 Like

Hey, look, Trump has disabled supporters!

1 Like

Kinda surprised he didn’t jump on that. “Well look at this guy, my gimp! He’s a great gimp, folks! Loves me like they all do. Those gimps, yes, they’re good people!”

5 Likes

Personally he’s reminding me of Heller. That scene where Spider headbutts someone at Heller’s rally and people start cheering him for being a real American for doing so. Trump reminded me of that reallll early.

1 Like

I’ve been watching these thinking it is really borderline stuff, I appreciate your perspective and I think you probably speak for a lot of people.

Xeni just LOVES them to bits though! I find it hard to fault her, so I’m always trying to excuse these. It takes a fair amount of effort to smother the cognitive dissonance though.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.