High school girls face prison for time honored alarm clock prank

I guess the threat of a felony charge will serve to eliminate that sort of behavior in the first place.

A dose of same-as-it-ever-was (detention/temporary expulsion/involve parents etc based on severity) and to make it modern, redirection of destructive creative outlet to constructive creative outlet.

It’s a touch more work than threats of prison but it doesn’t crush spirits (and thus create criminals).

That’s exactly what they’re trying to give. Judgement. From a Judge. From a Judge from a cartoon.

I feel better about my casio wristwatch now. I won’t worry so much at security checks. They’ll be looking for hulking great alarm clocks.

I wasn’t talking about the students…

I know. I was just riffing Dredd into the commentary.

I went to private school for 11th and 12th grade and it definitely didn’t teach devaluing others.

I don’t know whether to be in awe of having you help make the point so scarily or just stare in horror at a possible scenario that I wouldn’t have the courage to type out.

I’ll just leave you with.

Dude…

1 Like

Speak for your self! I only accept passports as a challenge of destroying the borders.

3 Likes

The flip side of which seems to be the supposition that panic would be the appropriate course of action if there was a real bomb, which is also daft.

2 Likes

As I found out two weeks or so ago, having your wife and daughters with you and helping to look for the missing child isn’t even complete protection from the paranoia of some people. Fortunately for me, the police found the kid almost as soon as they were called. She was at home, where her mother left her.

3 Likes

Narrator: Was it ticking?

Airport Security Officer: Actually throwers don’t worry about ticking 'cause modern bombs don’t tick.

Narrator: Sorry, throwers?

Airport Security Officer: Baggage handlers. But, when a suitcase vibrates, then the throwers gotta call the police.

Narrator: My suitcase was vibrating?

Airport Security Officer: Nine times out of ten it’s an electric razor, but every once in a while… it’s a dildo. Of course it’s company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo… always use the indefinite article “a” dildo, never “your” dildo.

Narrator: I don’t own…

[Officer waves him off]

4 Likes

If it’s any consolation, genuine visceral panic makes most of the herd mindlessly split up and scatter in all directions and a proportion freeze and play dead. That way at least some may randomly find an escape solution that works and survive to breed another day … Panic might not be rational, but it isn’t necessarily the wrong response for group survival.

1 Like

Remember this?

1 Like

You forgot your sarcasm tag, there…

Good to know. When I’m old enough for a sword-cane I’ll have to seriously consider wild brandishing and futile resistance before they take me to the managed dying facility.

1 Like

I got a bit of a stern talking to when I foolishly brought this up during a march to the parking lot because someone mysteriously phoned in a bomb threat timed to disrupt some test. Nobody really argued with it; but the displeasure, it was made known.

In particular, it is apparently very tacky to do an impromptu survey of ‘some containers we are crowded around that could hold at least 50kg of explosives without anyone noticing in time; and also four comfy, concealed, and elevated locations that absolutely anyone could have spent all morning getting set up in’.

They couldn’t argue that I was making a threat; because I was standing right in the ‘I’d be totally screwed if this weren’t so unlikely’ zone and just looking vaguely displeased with that; but you are definitely not supposed to propose amendments to the ‘safety’ procedures.

Probably lucky that this was some years back, or I’d still be in for making terroristic threats or somesuch.

2 Likes

Looks like bringing in a brain is a close second to bringing in a bomb.

1 Like

Isn’t everything which isn’t a real bomb, a fake bomb?

2 Likes

Yes?

2 Likes