"Holistic Master Coach" says "you do not need glasses" and will heal you for $11

Originally published at: "Holistic Master Coach" says "you do not need glasses" and will heal you for $11 | Boing Boing

2 Likes

She typically works with people for 3, 6 or 12 months. The minimum investment is $2500/month. All packages are bespoke and custom made for you. Are you currently in a place to invest in yourself in this way?"

If I’m ever in a place to invest in myself this way, please call my shrink.

I have relative who works a similar grift, including this business model. At these prices she only needs a handful of damaged and desperate victims to make a living parroting repurposed and slightly altered lines of BS developed by more successful woo peddlers. Many of these con artists prey on marks they find in the rehab and 12-step communities.

10 Likes

Let me guess, we don’t need vaccines either right? Ther are “mental, emotional, physical and even spiritual reasons” why you might get measles. God, I hate healthcare grifting. Above all grifting, these guys grate on my last nerve.

13 Likes

There’s always an element of disgusting “The Secret”/“Power of Positive Thinking”* victim-blaming with the medical wellness grifters.

[* one guess who was an acolyte of ur-grifter Norman Vincent Peale. Yep.]

14 Likes

So I’ve fallen for the vast Global Optometry Conspiracy and it’s really my fault for being spiritually deficient that my eyesight sucks? Here I was thinking all the time that it was misshapen eyeballs or whatever they want you to believe.

11 Likes

I just read a pretty excellent novel, THE GLOW by Jessie Gaynor, about a similar grifter/healer, exploring the desperation of people who get involved with her – true believers, skeptics, lovers, & the very important circle of promoters looking to profit.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reco!

3 Likes

Oh, lady, trust me. I need glasses.

3 Likes

Emphasis mine. Seriously? An investment?
GTFO!

3 Likes

Seems like a comparable price to getting PRK surgery… I wonder if you’ll still have to wear reading glasses in your mid 40’s using her holiness’ treatment subscription plan?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it only works if you keep that $2500 per month subscription active.

Be warned, the fine print may allow her to repossess your eyes.

8 Likes

Who needs to see things? You can just close your eyes and imagine things in your mind. They can’t stop you!

7 Likes

… that you can get reading glasses at Dollar Tree

5 Likes

I do need them. To look smarter than I actually am. Otherwise I would wear contacts.

7 Likes

they”.

As if that’s even their real name.

6 Likes

6 Likes

That’s a lot of money to learn about squinting.

6 Likes

Glasses won’t help you see holistic multidimensionality!

2 Likes

Depends on the glasses. Assuming you’re willing to put them on.

2 Likes

More from the “I will bullshit you better” crowd.

As with all of these mystical alternative treatments and para-woo, if any of it worked, it would be being widely used already:

8 Likes