Holy crap, Samantha Bee's Full Frontal is *awesome*

It’s another good political-leaning comedy program, which I have plenty of time for. I watch basically four of these shows.

Samantha Bee killed it hosting this which, frankly, makes me really sad that she didn’t get TDS because I’m not a big fan of what Trevor Noah is doing with the show.

Not a similar format show but also hosted by a very funny lady: “Not Safe” with Nikki Glaser. You can stream it form Comedy Central’s site if you don’t have cable. Some bits feel like they are going for a tone that Schumer’s show kind of made popular, but that’s ok. It’s a well made show that really made me laugh.

2 Likes

Ed Helms
Mo Rocca
Lewis Black
John Hodgman

Amazing

But Sam was always the best. And her new show is epic.

5 Likes

The BoingBoing staff should have a meeting and discuss "Other words we can use from time to time in place of ‘awesome’.

2 Likes

Well, you can’t copyright book or movie titles. I assume that applies to TV show titles. So, the question would be is that title trademarked, and does the territory for that mark include the United States?

This is that meeting. Welcome.

6 Likes

Awesome!

13 Likes

It would certainly fall under trademark and not copyright. But since they’re both comedy shows (albeit different formats) and Comedy Central has the US distribution rights for the Australian TV series my guess is that TBS probably had to strike a trademark deal with them.

1 Like

Accurate about what’s valuable in Canadian perspective!

There are also quite a few of us wishing we were part of the cool-chimp clique.

They’re much less awful than humans?

The biggest problem I have with Trevor Noah is that he struggles with an Autocue. He often stumbles over a line which makes it very apparent that the thoughts he’s reading are not his. He kills as a standup partly because his timing is perfect, but in that situation he has memorised his lines.

Sam Bee is almost certainly using an Autocue as well but you’d never know it. Lije Jon Stuart, she’s a natural, totally at ease with the material and seemingly very relaxed. She makes the job look easy, when of course it really isn’t. In my view she’s much better than my fellow Brit John Oliver whose deliverY on LWT sometimes seems over the top and unnatural. Both would be much better than Noah on The Daily Show, let’s hope it gets fixed.

3 Likes

Wait, wait…

In Canada are outcast kids awarded Anthropology degrees?

Are chimps native to playgrounds in Canada?

Because that compound sentence really gets out of hand near the end.

Or should I say… Bananas.

1 Like

Your Latin is right and Cory’s fails. The plural of the masculine “alumnus” is “alumni”, and the plural of “alumna” is “alumnae”. If that’s too much to remember, you can substitute “alum” for any of them. (Conveniently, it can also be used to mean a class of ionic compounds.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.