Homeopathic Berlin Wall Pills made from its pulverized concrete "treat" loneliness, isolation, and oppression

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/20/homeopathic-berlin-wall-pills-made-from-its-pulverized-concrete-treat-loneliness-isolation-and-oppression.html

4 Likes

It’s still right there, isn’t it? if you needed a homeopathic quantity you could just walk up to it and lick it

21 Likes

Imagine the overdose cases.

If this wasn’t America in 2024 I’d assume these homeopathic Berlin Wall pills were part of a performance art piece. But no.

Why am I not surprised that Chuck and his family buy into this woo? I’m sure they have a court astrologer too.

9 Likes

That would be an overdose (/s)

200C means 10-400 (0.01 200 times). Licking it gives a far, far better chance of getting some of the wall.

ETA: Some back of the envelope calculations, the chance of a molecule of the wall in that vial is worse than winning Megamillions 40 times in a row.

12 Likes

Or an underdose, since homeopathic remedies are more “effective” with increased dilution. :scream_cat:

9 Likes

That means underdoses can be fatal !!!

Hitting someone in the head with one of the bricks would be quite the underdose.

11 Likes

I don’t know if that could qualify as homeopathic, but it would be very therapeutic!

When you’ve got the absolute best real healthcare, some woo on the side doesn’t hurt. Not so much for the proles at the bottom of the NHS.

8 Likes

Inhales deeply

I’m overdosing on the universe right now!

cats_on_drugs

13 Likes

The problem is that some of the proles see that mark of royal appointment and say “if it’s good enough for them, I should use it too.” With potentially fatal results.

7 Likes

Yeah, but it’s not the molecules that cure you, it’s the memory of the water.

Just hope it doesn’t remember all its previous experiences in the water cycle.

14 Likes

21 Likes

Contributed by Jennifer Sandlin

Hd Reaction GIF

10 Likes

No, you don’t understand! You have to dilute it to infinity and then hit it really hard. (Oh, I’m sorry, you have to sucuss it really hard) Then you imprint the memory of the wall on the water. Then, of course profit!!

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

12 Likes

Waive some distilled water in a nearby country. Careful not to shake it too many times, you might overdose!

5 Likes

“Save this remedy to my device”

Putting the ‘remedy’ on your device would have exactly the same effect as taking it. Now that’s progress!

4 Likes

If homeopathy works, can I pay with homeopathic currency water?

6 Likes

I think a bottle of Berlin Wall Pils would be better for you.

6 Likes

Aren’t you assuming that the royal family pays any attention to how the pharmacy does business?

On the other hand, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did have a court astrologer.

4 Likes
9 Likes

There’s another layer to this.

Since these are pills, they’re saying that water retains the memory of what was in it 200 dilutions ago, even when that water has been absorbed onto some sugar or chalk, then allowed to evaporate.

10 Likes